Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2341 »
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 13th, 2014, 9:37 pm
what do you mean? I am going to color it after I get done with removing the pixel crap.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 13th, 2014, 9:44 pm
He can't see that image.

Three secondary calibres is completetly unnecessary and a complete waste of space and weight. 15", 11", and 6" is completly superflous. If you want something heavier than 6" I'd go for the 8"/60 used on the Admiral Hipper class. They were quite powerful for the calibre, as well as having a long range. Anything bigger would be more likely to get in the way.

Also, could you turn the ship around, so the bow points right and the aft points left? It's the standard for shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 13th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Hi LordBladaime,

Also, still what looks to be a little pixel crap around aft funnel \ aft mast.

Agree with KHT re calibers, but I won't labour the point - I've already said (twice) why I think you'd get more mileage standardising on the 283mm as the secondary battery (though, to be fair, doesn't have to be the 283mm, just standardise on a calibre) so I figure going in to the details a third time is a little pointless...

So, instead, I'll ask, again, what do you want this ship to do? At the moment it's kind of a monument to WH40K, if that's what you want, great, if not, what are you aiming for? Can't help you get there if we don't know what you want...

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 13th, 2014, 10:58 pm
There's a few other ships that could be drawn.... just saying

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 17th, 2014, 5:41 pm
I have noticed something strange when I look at the H-45 and then at the H-44 and this is what I have discovered: the H-45 is a giant version of the H-44 so basically I am making a giant H-44 except with different size guns look:

H-44 [ img ]

H-45 [ img ]

see the similarities?

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 17th, 2014, 6:22 pm
here is where I am so far

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 18th, 2014, 2:31 am
what do you think?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 18th, 2014, 4:29 am
I think you should set aside your current exercise, and work on something smaller first. Yes it has been said before (here, here, here, here, here, & here), but it labors repeating

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 18th, 2014, 11:16 am
Hi TJ,

To be honest, I'm inclined to just let LordBladaime go his own way at this point. I don't think he's going to be happy until this ship is finished, once he's done that, I'll start commenting again. At the moment I'm just monologuing and that _never_ ends well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZRW9U07znE

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 18th, 2014, 3:21 pm
That thing's huge.. I tried doing a super (well, it wasn't super, just really long) battle-cruiser once, and that didn't go over too well. I mean, I finished it and it looked good and all, but.. didn't make a whole lotta sense...

BTW, as said above, you have 4 different calibers on this ship (not even including manned guns) 1 main battery, and 3 secondaries. That's a little... logistically complicated.
From what I've seen, 3 calibers is the max. 1 main (16-14), 2 secondaries (8 and 5) and 2 manned (40mm AA and .50 cal).
Someone may have to correct me on that, but that seems to be the limit.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2341 »

Jump to: