Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
GeekSpeed
Post subject: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:25 pm
Hi all,

I am trying to decide on the ship I want to build for a combat project. I have managed to scrounge a few sets of plans for various vessels, but this one is eluding me. Does anyone have a set of plans for this ship or know where I can get some that don't cost and arm and a leg? The only place I have found with them is Taubman's, and they are expensive and not in the correct scale. I really don't want to pay 60 or 85 bucks for a set of plans and then spend another 20 (at least) to get them resized. Any thoughts? Thanks.

GeekSpeed

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:31 pm
http://home.comcast.net/~mksheppard/Dra ... 20Navy.htm
http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~hg6339/ ... ghieri.htm
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNIT_12-46_m1909.htm
http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/index.ph ... highlight=
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:36 pm
Already drawn

[Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:42 pm
maybe you should have looked on the main site first.... or the forum search function.
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... ri1913.png
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... ri1923.png

btw, what exactly are you trying to build? an shipbucket drawing, an model or an 3d model? shipbucket is an drawing forum, it is not the place to ask for ship plans in general (shipbucket style drawings is something else though ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
GeekSpeed
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 16th, 2011, 8:19 pm
Sorry, I should have been more clear in my original post. I am wanting to scratch build a wood RC Combat version. I posted here because I saw that it has been done for Shipbucket, so I was hoping someone would have a set of plans that would be workable for my purposes. I need to be able to scale them to 1/144 and I really need the cross-sectional/rib view as well.

Thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 16th, 2011, 8:25 pm
then I am sorry to say: that is almost non existent. you'll have to pay, or you'll have to use pictures and so on as base. that is what I have done for my drawing: I have used a lot of those crappy refs, cross checked them with pictures, and then filled in the details with the pictures in mind. and even then it isn't perfect.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 16th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Paying for the plans I understand, but how can it be so expensive to have them resized?
Try asking for a digital copy, or failing that scan it yourself and use an appropriate program to resize it.
Assuming you don't mind taping sheets together, printing it shouldn't be a problem, and if you can get access to a modern photocopying machine (Your local library probably has one), scanning it shouldn't either. Granted, you'll have to scan it in two or even three pieces, but as long as you make plenty of overlap, that shouldn't be a problem when it comes recombining them on the PC.
Gods know I've don that plenty of times.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 14th, 2014, 4:16 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
Already drawn
i'm working on a AU refitted version of the Dante using your drawing.
In fact i've already finished.............
And of course it's only now that i realise that your drawing seems to be a bit "wrong":
All the info i've found talk about a ship of 168m overall and 158m at the waterline.
Yours seem to be about 159 m overall and 154 m at the waterline..............
Did you mistaken between OA and WL or do i have wrong info (or a wrong understanding of them)?

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 14th, 2014, 6:26 pm
my drawing, I suppose?
the dante should be correct, but an mistake is easy to make, of course :P it was one of my first shipbucket drawings so there might have been an mistake.

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Looking for Dante Alighieri PlansPosted: January 15th, 2014, 7:56 am
I know it's a very old drawing.
I even think i've first found shipbucket forum, while i was searching plans of this battleship (many, many, many, years ago.....) :) .
I just wanted to be sure i wasn't mistaking and don't modify a drawing that was allready accurate.........

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: