Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 33 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3547 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 29th, 2013, 3:00 pm
odysseus1980, that is a tricky question. The most likely search radar would be the Type 984. The other choice would be the almost-mythical Type 985 fixed array electronically-scanned 3-D radar (which I drew for the British AU) of which virtually nothing is known and the designation itself might be incorrect. I have not drawn a fire-control director for NIGS because the missile wasn't much more than a concept before its cancellation. The missile itself was an Armstrong-Whitworth design as seen above. The archive magazine layouts I've seen over at Secretprojects.co.uk do not show any fire-control radars and its likely such systems were not very far developed before cancellation. The best guess is something like the Type 87 Scorpion radar used for land-based Bloodhound missiles. Generally, although the weapons sheet shows experimental and cancelled weapons I've drawn from reliable sources rather than fictional imagined works. If you want to use NIGS for an AU ship, perhaps take the Type 909 dome and enlarge it a little?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 29th, 2013, 4:28 pm
Thank you, I nave something in mind, a double ended nuclear cruiser with NIGS, but is really deep now.
The Type 985 you designed is that on the Type 83 AU cruiser?

P.S Look also my thread about british aircrafts and weapons.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 4:44 pm
I've updated the radars sheet with some export radars, the pic is on my last post on page 32. If there are no further queries from the gang then I'll post these on page 1 with the list of changes as the official new sheets.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 4:56 pm
isn't sabre an thales product? (might be that it is an british product of the UK company's which were taken over by thales, such as shorts)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 5:04 pm
I don't knoe if theis is intentional or not, but it has always bugged me that the dome on the type 988 drawing isn't symmetrical

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 5:17 pm
Ah, I thought it was what was originally the Racal Sabre ESM system. Of course I might be wrong. If its a different system I'll remove it. I was looking for Racal Cutlass ESM bits on SB but it seems although ships using it have been drawn the arrays haven't (most are old Mconrads era drawings).

Good catch Thiel, I'd never realised that before that the Type 988 isn't symmetrical! I'll redo it tomorrow.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 6:20 pm
yes, it is the racal sabre. racal seems to have been taken over by Thales, Indeed. you were correct Hood ;)
EDIT: also, an suggestion: maybe use the '*' at the radar sheet as well :P
speaking of which, wasn't the seastreak, one of the sea slug loaders, one of the ikara magazines, the 2 155mm turrets and the boxed sea dart systems that should be marked with the '*' ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 31st, 2013, 11:52 am
Updated sheets uploaded to Page One with the latest comments incorporated.

Many thanks to all and I hope everyone gets good use out of these new parts.

I especially point out the new Boffin, 20mm twin, HACS and Sea Cat (revised again since the last new Sea Cat) as my contributions to remove some old bit that just didn't look/ feel right. I feel 100% happy now that every major system on these sheets is much more accurate down to the look and detail and size than ever before.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 31st, 2013, 10:51 pm
I need some help. According Jane's PNS Babur (County Class destroyer) had an Admiralty Type 277M radar. I couldn't find any info's or pictures on the net. Anyone knows if it looks like 277P or 277Q?

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: January 1st, 2014, 12:46 am
This one says Type 278M, and is probably just an variant off type 278

http://www.countyclassdestroyers.co.uk/ ... morgan.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 33 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3547 »

Jump to: