Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 32 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 130 31 32 33 3447 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 10:14 pm
[ img ]
right, here's the XXII. Hood, can you look a bit into the differences between XXI and XXII belowdecks? they seem to have been similar (something that might explain the 'narrow' base for the XXII compared to the XXIII, but I have found no pictures or plans for the belowdecks of the mounts so I cannot check that claim.

the superfiring turret of the XXII also has no reference for it's exact shape and size, I have based this on the height difference of the two and the height of the decks. some inaccuracy's might be there because of that. all said, I am not even certain if there would be an higher base on the XXII superfiring turrets, as the handling room for the turrets (unless I have been doing something horribly wrong with my measurements) is above the armoured belt. http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNBR_6- ... et_pic.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 10:50 am
I'll have a look at my sources and get back to you.
The origins of the XXII were around the time of the Arethusa Class so there probably was some similarity in design.
There is one point of note for the XXII, the cordite hoist was completely separate from the shell supply and was outside the mounting, linking the handling room with a small protected compartment outside the barbette on the deck immediately below the turret. From there to cordite was passed into the mounting and up into the gunhouse. I am going by a written description so I'm not sure how that looks. The short-trunk turrets seem to be standard sizes but I think the XXIII was longer on superfiring turrets from a small sketch in Friedman, but like you I'm not certain.

Also realised we're missing the 6in Mk 24 of the Neptune Class on the sheet. Might be good to add that. I'll see what I can do.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 24th, 2013, 3:57 pm
Another update with all the new 6in turrets. I've added the Mk 24, it seems the same barbette and loading arrangements were used as the XXIII despite the crowding, so I've not duplicated them again.

I feel this about good to go. The radars sheet needs the directors to be rectified and it should be ready post-Christmas.

-SNIP-

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 24th, 2013, 4:17 pm
a few comments:
- a set of small guns is doubled on the sheet, the column with the SAMOS on it.
- I did an small mod to the Mk 23 mount later on, might be better to include it https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/632 ... 0XXIII.png
- I doubt heuhen's 4 views were meant to be all included, but I think heuhen has an better idea of this...... I think one of the last 2 should be included and the first one?
- the ikara without any magazine parts should be one pixel higher, the deck line and the mounting line should be an double black line (as it is mounted on an heightened plate)
- there might be the need to look at the 6in Mk XXI turret, as she seems to be curvier then what is currently shown on the sheet.
- an note to add to the XXIV that it has an deck pen the same as the XXIII would come in handy, I think.
- it looks a bit off to have the startstreak launcher high on a green line and the NML on the 'baseline'. the same goes for the STIR's and the boxed seawolf.
- some consistency in 'never build' and 'conceptual' turrets might be required, for example VM.40, SAGEM SAMOS, sea Dragon, the 6in Mk 24 all are weapons that saw at the very least no operational use and thus should have the (*) IIRC.

that said Hood, great work! and I am already working on getting the belowdecks of this sheet into the belowdecks part thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 24th, 2013, 4:33 pm
Yes, there are duplicates on there because I wasn't sure if I've have to rejig the gun columns again.
I'll add the Mk 23 mod, I've made the other changes regarding the SAMs, Ikara and extra asterisks. I did think about the comment on the Mk 24 too, so great minds think alike!
I'll choose between the Mk 25 parts, both top ones need to be there to show each side of the turret anyway. Number 4 had a 1 pixel error which I've corrected. The XXII needs more work, the turrets on Nelson don't seem as curved as the cruiser mounts. I've found nothing else on the belowdecks for that mount yet either.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 24th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Either bortom keft or right. If not the one without ammo. The ammo is there more for the look.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 27th, 2013, 4:50 pm
Ok guys, here is the revised weapons sheet with the changes.
[ img ]

And here is the new radar sheet, so many changes and everything on the sheet has had some kind of attention and some additional items have been added. I've got no better sources for the private Marconi radars on here, so unless any of you guys can add anything I might trim them from the final release.
[ img ]

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 27th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Truly an amazing job Hood, Ace, Heuhen, and everyone else who helped put this great parts sheet update together.
Hood could you supply my curious mind with some background on the Seafox? Is it a MANPAD? A quick google got me nothing.

References and feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Trojan on December 28th, 2013, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 28th, 2013, 2:20 pm
Thanks Trojan,
Seafox was an anti-aircraft system developed by Hunting, Ferranti, Marconi and Vickers in 1978 which used a six-tube unguided rocket launcher and the small fire-control radar and EW elements shown. I think it was a 5in rocket if I remember correctly, I haven't got any stats at hand but can look it up.

The radar sheet might receive a bit more TLC, I've just acquired 'Jane's Radar and Electronic Systems 1990-91' and so have some good pictures and data on a range of radars, ESM, chaff launchers etc. that can be added or improved on the sheet. Several commercial sets (that is to say non-RN British equipment) are in there, so I hope to add a dedicated non-RN column of equipment at some point.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 29th, 2013, 11:10 am
Another very informative and wonderful thread

Which directors and radars would be used for the NIGS missile? Type 984/Type 965?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 32 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 130 31 32 33 3447 »

Jump to: