Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 31 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3347 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 20th, 2013, 8:47 pm
[ img ]
EDIT: an elliminated the STIR 120 as the seawolf director, so it is the 180, the same that does the NSSM guidance.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 21st, 2013, 10:34 am
Thanks Ace, I'd assumed much the same given the NSSM role too. Great Starstreak.

I can do some top-down NIGS magazines (there is a third design for a forward magazine) but I'll do those for the belowdecks thread and not clutter this sheet with them given the size. It's worth noting a third of those magazines are above water with two decks below them above the keel. Big stuff. I'll use these to draw a NIGS cruiser at some point.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 21st, 2013, 10:39 am
sounds good to put them separate. I will most likely work on the promised gun tonight or tomorrow, now making ready to go to my parents' for christmas holiday :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 21st, 2013, 2:43 pm
I've just discovered what director would have been used with the lightweight Sea Wolf from an entry in the Naval Institute Guide to World Naval Weapons (1989). It would have been the Marconi 805SW designated the Type 911, which apparently was selected instead of the Signaal VM.40. So does that mean the VM.40 designation was dropped in favour of lightweight Sea Wolf after the Marconi was selected?

Also, has anyone got good sources of the Type 982 (both the array and hayrake antennas) and 983 radars? I've got some patchy stuff but it would be good to get more.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 21st, 2013, 7:59 pm
from what I looked at was the VM.40 system an competitor to the system using type 911. the fact that VM.40 fits into the line of signaal systems of the time (M44, M-20, WM-20 series etc) makes that plausible as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 21st, 2013, 10:02 pm
[ img ]
how's this? this should represent the turrets on belfast and edinburgh, I am looking a bit still for how the other ships' turrets were laid out.
note that the 'ring' of the turrets was a bit forward of the faceplate of the turret.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 21st, 2013, 10:32 pm
best I could do with those pictures I have of an model:

[ img ]

edit: I have noticed something. have to fix that later.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 2:33 pm
Great work guys. I'll wait on heuhen's edit before adding them (I need to restructure the sheet too!)
Maybe I'll keep the STIR and 911 on the sheet and let folks choose?
Work on the radar sheet going well, about 50% through and made changes to almost every radar so far (not so much the modern ones but there was an error on the Type 996. Also drawn a new standardised HACS too.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 2:35 pm
I would indeed include both , maybe one under VM.40 and one under lightweight seawolf?
I will try to do some work on the short trunk guns as well, so please wait with restructuring until I have that ready too, that will stop you from doing it twice :P

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 3:23 pm
updated!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 31 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3347 »

Jump to: