Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 29 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3147 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 17th, 2013, 7:51 pm
I appreciate your answer, Henrik. I, of course, didn't mean to imply that you couldn't do such things like the below decks parts (hoists, working chamber, powder room, propellant magazines etc.) If you like, you may use them to do exactly that and have it uploaded! However, the picture you submitted as evidence is of the wrong version of the QE. I know I haven't uploaded the correct one yet. You could've looked at the thread then viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2396&start=30, and you'd see the correct versions, taken down from Admiralty plans etc. Please do that next time, ok?! Now that line I did duplicate, but guess what! It was on the plans! But I can agree on some of your improvements though, and I appreciate the fact that you're striving to do the entire turret system. That's great.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 17th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Ok. if you look at you'r turret, and then mine, you will see that mine is modified over you'r turret. so basically it's the same turret. But if you could just edit out that dark grey line, the turret would be perfect. because that dark grey line, indicate there is an angled surface there. something there are not.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 17th, 2013, 8:16 pm
I know what you mean, and I'll seriously consider that too. I believe, however, that that vertical line was there originally as a fitting for ladders or something. - But, don't expect me to do anything yet. I still need to get a far better monitor, so that I can actually see the correct colors! But, Henrik, thank you for your answer. It's always a pleasure "doing business" with you!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 17th, 2013, 8:19 pm
if that line is no bend, it should at the very least be a different colour then the bends on the top of the turret :P maybe there's the solution.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 17th, 2013, 8:43 pm
ace, you could be right. I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 18th, 2013, 10:55 am
Work progressing well on the guns sheet, about 65% done and nearly everything has had some kind of attention from me.

I do back Heuhen's comments on the turrets, nearly all British turrets up to the 1930s had curving plates rather than flat facets. This new sheet should be the most accurate yet, but as ever the caveat is, if it looks wrong compared to your source or if you do a ship that hasn't got the correct part ready on the sheet then feel free to redraw or add a new model. There are many RN guns not on this sheet for all kinds of armoured cruisers and lesser 4in marks etc. (but generics are often ok at that scale) and some guns only apply to a few classes at most and those already done are unlikely to be updated that quickly. The artist has the freedom to do as they wish, these sheets are best for the novice, kitbasher or anyone who is unfamiliar with drawing RN ships.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 18th, 2013, 2:14 pm
Ok, progress has been quicker than expected. Here is the updated sheet for comments.

[ img ]

Changes:
Heuhen's turrets and Norwegian British-built guns
New barrel and detailing on the 8in Mk I/ II
Revised shield on 7.5in Mk VI
New 155mm TMF/ FMF
Revisions on 6in Mk XXI, now 1 pixel lower and new barrel
6in Mk XXII, new barrels (old ones were too long)
4.7in Mk VIII, one version deleted
All the 4.7in shielded mounts got new breeches
4.5in Mk IV single, new breech
New 4.5in Mk V added
New 45in Mk 8 added
Two shielded 4in Mk V added for period destroyers and cruisers
4in Mk IX, new muzzle bag added
2pdr single, new gun added plus three new mounts; one with shield and both sides of late-war power mount
New 40mm/60 Mk5 twin added
Brand new 40mm Boffin drawn by me
40mm/70 single separated from /60 single and all /60 barrels shortened by 2 pixels
New twin 20mm added using gun of new 20mm single and new powered mount of Boffin
New 12.7mm HMG MTB twin mount drawn by me
Revised Bidder ASW tubes added, now smaller
Revised Ruler added
Boxed Seadart added
New lightweight Sea Wolf launcher added and current lightweight launchers revised
New smaller Sea Cat launchers (again!) and new smaller Sea Cat missiles (now 12 pixels high rather than 14, still oversized but less so)
SLAM Blowpipe added
New Ikara parts added

Phew, that's all from me unless anyone has anything else to add or improvements to offer! Now I'll start work on the radars sheet (already got new Artisan and Smart-L on it ready)

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 18th, 2013, 3:15 pm
Hood, if you look at the updated QE:s, I don't think you can argue that I am depicting flat-faced (or slab-sided) turrets; they are rounded in the front. I do agree that the shading could be improved, but they are accurate as they are. The version you have in your sheet is also correct - for the variant of the RR:s and QE:s from ca. 1936/37 onwards. Bear that in mind. Hopefully, during the the upcoming Winter Recess, I'll have opportunity to revisit the QE:s, and will implement a slightly more advanced shading protocol, and I guess searate it from the ship and submit it as a part.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 18th, 2013, 4:54 pm
why is the note 'super firing turret' on the agincourt turrets?
on the limbo it might be an idea to show the deck levels as in the belowdecks instead of one '3 pipes on the deck' arrangement. (wondering, where the LIMBO magazine sizes standardised?)
maybe an idea to include starstreak (seastreak) as well? if you want it updated I can take a look ;)
heuhen had an drawing of the XXVI auto turrets with belowdeck dimensions somewhere.....
is the sb seawolf to scale? as the VLS seawolf tube seems to be shorter then the one in the reloader of the lightweight launcher (also HOLY shit I have been looking for refs of that thing for ages, do you have anything to share Hood? :P )

other then that, it is looking great

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 18th, 2013, 5:33 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
heuhen had an drawing of the XXVI auto turrets with belowdeck dimensions somewhere.....
can't find it (yet). but I remember I linked it at some time....

but:

http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/archive/im ... e/7846.jpg
http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/archive/im ... e/7848.jpg
http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/archive/im ... e/7849.jpg
http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/archive/im ... e/7850.jpg
http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/archive/im ... e/7851.jpg
http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/archive/im ... e/7853.jpg
http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/archive/im ... e/4565.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 29 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3147 »

Jump to: