Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2636 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 7th, 2013, 1:01 pm
Or with ships with less depth.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 8th, 2013, 10:39 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
The rebuilt goes inside,right?Is anything visible outside or not?
on the hull, no, but the structure might differ completely due to larger width and remodelled internal arrangement.
BoxOfRoundRocks wrote:
Can elevator lenght be shorter for smaller ship?
most likely, yes, the holland class has less depth but has the mortar on the same height above the main deck. meaning, it is placed lower in the hull (unlikely) or it has an shorter elevator. I have no direct references for this though, but it might at least differ, I do not know if it could be shortened an entire deck but it seems likely it could.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 7:02 am
The GMLS Mk26 was built in three variants with 24,44 and 64 missiles.It seems that a module of 20 missiles is added to Mk26 mod 0 to create the Mk26 mod1 and again for the Mk26 mod3.Could we have an AU Mk24 mod3 with 84 missiles?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 10:17 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
The GMLS Mk26 was built in three variants with 24,44 and 64 missiles.It seems that a module of 20 missiles is added to Mk26 mod 0 to create the Mk26 mod1 and again for the Mk26 mod3.Could we have an AU Mk24 mod3 with 84 missiles?
possible? most likely. but the fact that it was never considered makes me think there would have been problems with it, such as watertight section length, electric load, or just the fact that it cannot be rotated fast enough. others might be able to answer this better then me, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 3:26 pm
it's possible on paper. but the additional weight of all those strengthening beams needed, will probably make it so heavy that 1.5 GMLS would be lighter in the end. Or to say it this way: The weight of two 84 missile GMLS, would weight approx the same as 3 standard GMLS, due to the weight of all the steal needed to make the ship stiff.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 3:29 pm
that's not entirely correct heuhen, an spread out weight requires less strengthening then 2 shorter heavyweights.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 3:41 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
that's not entirely correct heuhen, an spread out weight requires less strengthening then 2 shorter heavyweights.

Yes you are correct on that, but you need also extra strengthening for the bigger opening.

Bigger the opening is thus more strengthening beam needs. (for example: her in Norway we have two bridges next to each other. one of the bridge is about 20-30 meter long than the other bridge (around 10-15% longer), but the steal needed, compared to the smaller bridge was around 20-25%. (you see it's not always something is proportionate the same)

for the 2 for 3 ratio on the GMLS. was just something a took out of the lose air.

But if we know the weight of the tree standard GMLS and put them in an graph. the we should be able to give an approx number on how heavy it can be.

But hey we are both right on some, isn't that better that "one" is right on something ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 3:59 pm
http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Weapons/US_GMLS.htm

Here there are some information about many US GMLS.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 24th, 2013, 12:02 am
added the eendracht class bofors 150mm guns. the belowdecks should fit the tre kronor class as well, but I am uncertain about this. (the zeven provincien class turrets were of an modified design, which I will add later, I am waiting for exact size refs from ALVAMA)

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: April 12th, 2014, 6:11 pm
Well, you asked for this minor addition:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2636 »

Jump to: