Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2536 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: November 9th, 2013, 10:22 pm
What I used:

http://imageshack.us/a/img820/8644/dvq.png

and this one:
http://dtashji.files.wordpress.com/2012 ... system.jpg

For the gun house:
- I haven't any references on the exact sizes thus the editing of it falls out. until someone manage to get some accurate data on that.

for the reloader. I just drawn as I did see them on the picture. but dropped a lot of details that I could add, just to make it more easy to edit in the future when more accurate references is available. one thing with the reloader is that on some picture it was drawn with just an small mast. other with a bit more complexity to it. I did the between, for eventual later editing when better references is available.

If the hoist is just a small mast, then I think the magazine hoist lift one single box at the time for use it, and then send it down again. (one box have around 16 shots in it)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: November 9th, 2013, 10:25 pm
in your worklist thread I have some more references, the ones you have now IMO do not credit as too accurate (well the 3D render is but fit it together with ther others. even on your reference, the gun is shown in the middle of the magazine.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: November 9th, 2013, 10:41 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
in your worklist thread I have some more references, the ones you have now IMO do not credit as too accurate (well the 3D render is but fit it together with there others. even on your reference, the gun is shown in the middle of the magazine.
I did look at them a bit fast to... but as I see on them I have only drawn the gun hoist and the forward part of the magazine, I miss the other part of it, where the 4-leveled pallet hoist is.

The reason for why the drawing become like that is that I had to a middle thing between all those drawings.

two of the drawings, and a 3D view I found (Can't find it now. yeah! funny that, when needed...) give me the basic of what deck position they was on. compared to the size of the "Old" gun-house drawing (That I have a bad feeling about it's perhaps to big!), where some approx where the gun-hoist is placed, but also approx size of the magazine (at least, half of it!). then I had the references to help me with basic looks. but I did dropped many details (to my standards: weird!!).

I come with an new update, tomorrow. I hope!

Lets do the: I update, you comment, I adjust, you comment some more.... In the end we will manage to get it as close as we can get it with the limited references we have! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: November 9th, 2013, 10:42 pm
I linked an PDF for the USS Thorn AGS fit in your worklist ;) might help with dimensions, they are at least closer then guestimating.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: November 9th, 2013, 11:00 pm
I ram-jetet in it, and did see those drawings. and originally I was going to use them. but I'll have a bit closer look at them tomorrow.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 6th, 2013, 8:12 pm
added the bofors quad ASW mortar:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 7th, 2013, 7:17 am
In my some of my Fletchers I replaced the top Mk38 guns with Bofors ASW mortar.Looking its belowdeck cofiguration,my conversion seems plausible,right?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 7th, 2013, 9:14 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
In my some of my Fletchers I replaced the top Mk38 guns with Bofors ASW mortar.Looking its belowdeck cofiguration,my conversion seems plausible,right?
depends. if you have only one on board, it would most likely fit. if you want 2, as on most ships which had this system as far as I know, you will have to rebuild the section of the ship this system is in.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 7th, 2013, 12:46 pm
The rebuilt goes inside,right?Is anything visible outside or not?

[Profile] [Quote]
BoxOfRoundRocks
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: December 7th, 2013, 12:57 pm
Can elevator lenght be shorter for smaller ship?

..and yes, I drew awesome avatar.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2536 »

Jump to: