Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 18 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2040 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: September 16th, 2013, 4:44 am
Very nice,but I think the second variant should be more close to the Alize or the Gannet in radar position.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: September 16th, 2013, 5:59 am
For those that don't know, the Maple-leaf roundel was only used post WW2 on aircraft even though the RCAF Ensign from 1941-1968 shows the maple-leaf roundel. They kept the standard RAF style roundel till about 1949 when Canada joined NATO. That is if I recall correctly, but Photographic evidence is proving me correct.

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: September 16th, 2013, 12:00 pm
Thanks for the comment, guys.

'Novice', your ASW version is more advanced than mine and I have adopted it as standard. Well done sir.

'odysseus1980', Your point is well taken and I'll have to take a look at the Gannet. Thank you.

'nighthunter', Very true, but I figure in world where The Commonwealth of Recherche exists, an earlier adoption of the maple leaf ought not to be a problem. Nonetheless, thanks for the info. I was not aware of exactly when the maple leaf became standard in the RCAF.

Perhaps my final versions - the Mk 4 with the dorsal gun position deleted and a remodeled rear-upper fuselage. The 4A has reverted to the solid nose of the Mk 2 while the 4B retains the same contours but with glazed nose. Both are two-seaters.

[ img ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Monty

Monty

Last edited by BCRenown on September 16th, 2013, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: September 16th, 2013, 2:48 pm
Nice mods BCRenown, you've inspired me to do some more Recherche aircraft...

[ img ]

[ img ]

The civilian Mk.4 featuring Bristol Centaurus engines in place of the Merlins, and a tail fillet to counteract the effects of the cut down fuselage and more powerful engines.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: September 16th, 2013, 4:11 pm
Very interesting additions! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: September 17th, 2013, 3:57 am
These are fantastic, really great work all, gotta say I especially love the look on the civilian one

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: September 17th, 2013, 5:16 pm
Rowdy,

While I'm not at all keen on the civilian version with the radial engines, fin fillet and all, your RRN version is without a doubt the nicest one yet. Awesome!!! I thought I was done but, here's one more kick at the cat, so to speak.

[ img ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If we keep this up, we'll have more versions of the Galestorm than there were of the Mosquito (hehe).

Monty

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 1st, 2013, 3:39 pm
And now some big aircraft - the WW2 variants of the Recherchean heavy bomber:

Hale Firebolt Mk.1 (the bottom aircraft is a prototype/testbed hence the lack of squadron markings)
[ img ]

[ img ]

Hale Firebolt Mk.2
[ img ]

[ img ]

Hale Firebolt MR
[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 1st, 2013, 5:52 pm
Wow! Great work. :)
It has very Halifax-ish looks, and MR version resembles also Shackleton.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 2nd, 2013, 5:24 am
Yes,magnificent and elegant airplanes with a "British" touch.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 18 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2040 »

Jump to: