Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 27 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2947 »
jabba
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 8:32 pm
heuhen wrote:
every time I read you'r name I read it as "Jabba the hut!"
It comes from a school nickname, J. Abbott turned into Jabbott which kinda stuck. I've been called Jabber, Jabton, Jabba (& the hutt) over the years. In the words of Vinnie Jones:

"You can call me Susan if it makes you happy."
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 9:51 pm
jabba wrote:
heuhen wrote:
every time I read you'r name I read it as "Jabba the hut!"
It comes from a school nickname, J. Abbott turned into Jabbott which kinda stuck. I've been called Jabber, Jabton, Jabba (& the hutt) over the years. In the words of Vinnie Jones:

"You can call me Susan if it makes you happy."
[ img ]

Okay Betsy!

- all barrels have had a small shading fix.

- 15in hood turret: changed two dark grey lines to a bit lighter grey.

- HMS Vanguard and HMS Queen Elizabeth have similar range finder, with just some small detail difference like: "QE" have something that looks like wings under it's range finder, while Vanguard's range finder doesn't have that.

- 14in Mk III/II quad and twin turret:No big change on the 14in turret except for some shading and range finder fix. I did also change angle of the forward roof armor plating, to just an pix steeper.

- 13.5in Mk V BII twin turret: the turret was almost redrawn. many hard dark greay was changed to a lighter grey. some small detail fix. and testing out an grey version of blast bag as it looks on an model I have used for detail Help of this turret, thus the turret i of "HMS Queen Mary". I noticed also than many BB and BC had the same 13.5in turret with just minor changes to them. note this turret have lader, something not all of them have.

[ img ]

Next is:

- HMS Erin 13.5in Mk VI twin turret: at first glans it looks like and MK V twin turret without the range finder. need to have it confirmed. that this is to all MK VI turrets of the 13.5in

- 12in turrets. Note the there are some different calibers in this guns. all from 25 to 50!

If more top view is needed of this guns, I will see if I can do something about that, when possible... only then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 4th, 2013, 12:53 pm
Cracking work so far.

The 12in turrets will be a big job. The one I drew for General Wolfe should be much closer to that originally on the Majestics than the current turret but I've another sneaky feeling turrets changed with new classes etc. I'm not a 1890-1910 expert so I'm not sure. The dreadnought classes had different versions too I think, as you say with the 45-cal Mk X and 50-cal Marx XI, the turrets having different shapes too. There might be differences between the Mk XI ships, the Saint Vincent's seem to have aft-sloping rear roofs which are lacking on other ships with Mk X guns. The Neptune and Colossus classes had newer turrets than the older Mk XI armed ships.

I have an aerial photo in one book dated 1915 that shows Erin had rangefinders on her turrets.
Will you be doing the 14in turrets for the Canada Class/ Almirante Lattore?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 4th, 2013, 8:17 pm
Hood wrote:
Cracking work so far.

The 12in turrets will be a big job. The one I drew for General Wolfe should be much closer to that originally on the Majestics than the current turret but I've another sneaky feeling turrets changed with new classes etc. I'm not a 1890-1910 expert so I'm not sure. The dreadnought classes had different versions too I think, as you say with the 45-cal Mk X and 50-cal Marx XI, the turrets having different shapes too. There might be differences between the Mk XI ships, the Saint Vincent's seem to have aft-sloping rear roofs which are lacking on other ships with Mk X guns. The Neptune and Colossus classes had newer turrets than the older Mk XI armed ships.

I have an aerial photo in one book dated 1915 that shows Erin had rangefinders on her turrets.

Thanks mate!

Yes the 12in is a big work, without exact data on how big they are, So I have to just take an blueprint of an that vessel that had that gun and scale it down to find out what size the guns are!

If you have anything.. I would like to see them!

Quote:
Will you be doing the 14in turrets for the Canada Class/ Almirante Lattore?
I can do them, just need to search for some refs..

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 12th, 2013, 9:57 pm
And very nice too Harry. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 12th, 2013, 10:12 pm
hopefully i can get done some 12" and that 14" this weekend!

But now: there is an bed with my name on it...

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 8:35 pm
It has recently come to my attention that the ARTISAN radar on the sheet is my version, and to be honest - it kind of sucks. Dr. Pawling did a much better rendition on her version of the T26s (such as here).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 8:46 pm
now the topic comes up, Hood, any progress on the update of these sheets? any help required, or any parts that are really lacking that I can take a shot on? it seems there have been no new RN parts drawn the last month or so, so it might be an good moment to update if you are ready for it.....

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 11th, 2013, 10:05 pm
I have been a bit lazy on my part.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: December 13th, 2013, 8:59 am
I was waiting on heuhen's new turrets to be completed. I was going to press him on progress but since he's been busy I thought it best not to. However, perhaps I should get the cat o' nine tails out! ;)

I might go over the older radars from the 40s and 50s to make some double-checks too so there's some work to be done. I think perhaps a target of New Year 2014 might be good (about four weeks away).

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 27 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2947 »

Jump to: