Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 26 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2847 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: August 29th, 2013, 1:44 pm
I was thinking on something, and while I was thinking I did these to the 18" Mk 1 as seen on the partsheet.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: August 29th, 2013, 1:52 pm
I'll probably remove the deck vents since they probably would have varied, but it looks slightly better than my recent efforts given that sources are few since only one turret was ever fitted and used.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: August 29th, 2013, 1:56 pm
I had only one picture to use... and I think you know which picture it is.

I used you'r gun and just modified it a bit.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: August 29th, 2013, 4:08 pm
oh btw. just tell me when you need me to get bored again and do something like that again...

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: August 30th, 2013, 3:42 pm
I'm not 100% happy with the HMS Hood's guns she should probably be a tad lower. Oh btw. the 16in Mk I top view I did draw for hand, but I had an ship drawing next to me....

I am going to jump over the 14in guns, so next guns up is the 13.5in guns... after first look they look not 100% correct... BTW. Hood are you sure that those 13.5in guns are in correct size.

[ img ]

Just inform me if there is some guns that is more important to be looked over by me than other guns.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 10:38 am
Nice work. I think the shapes are much better.
The 16in turrets were drawn by Jabba, the new 15in was by Bezo I think for his QE project. I made the 18in based off the 15in turret with reference to the Furious plan for size and close-up photos. The 16in looks ok, a few minor TLC changes which are probably worthwhile.

I'm not sure about the rangefinders on the new 15in turret. The basic 15in turret on the R's and QE's had similar rangefinders to the one shown on the existing turret. Vanguard's re-used turrets were quite probably given a make-over. I have a nasty feeling there are several versions of 15in rangefinder layouts over time. We need lots of close-up photos to make sure these are accurate for all ships. Hood's turrets look better and I'll also refer to my sources. I'm not sold on the barrel shading used but the canvas bags look much better. Should these be light or canvas coloured? I'm unsure since different colour sources seem to indicate different things and this question has nagged me for some time. Anyone able to clarify this?

The 14in turrets were by Bombhead and the 13.5in was by Jabba I think. I think both might need some TLC.

I'm going to adjust the barrel lengths on some of the older single 6in mounts since they seem too long.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 11:16 am
Quote:
Nice work. I think the shapes are much better.
The 16in turrets were drawn by Jabba, the new 15in was by Bezo I think for his QE project. I made the 18in based off the 15in turret with reference to the Furious plan for size and close-up photos. The 16in looks ok, a few minor TLC changes which are probably worthwhile.
thanks. I moslt base what I am doing on TLC change.. but when needed I do some more!
Quote:
I'm not sure about the rangefinders on the new 15in turret. The basic 15in turret on the R's and QE's had similar rangefinders to the one shown on the existing turret. Vanguard's re-used turrets were quite probably given a make-over. I have a nasty feeling there are several versions of 15in rangefinder layouts over time.
I noticed it to that it was some difference between them. but the Vanguard and the QE range finder looks similar on photos that I have seen, whit only just small changes.
Quote:
We need lots of close-up photos to make sure these are accurate for all ships. Hood's turrets look better and I'll also refer to my sources.
I will look at that over the next days. basically I will search for every single ships that had those turrets and work from there.
Quote:
I'm not sold on the barrel shading used
I used "MitcheLL300" style that he used on the last large German gun he draw for a couple months ago. but I can light it up a bit. that would fix the problem.
Quote:
but the canvas bags look much better.
I noticed on pictures that the canvas was stretched more out on the gun than had been drawed so I only changed that, and edited in bit more drop on it (as the gravity have it's effect!
Quote:
Should these be light or canvas coloured? I'm unsure since different colour sources seem to indicate different things and this question has nagged me for some time. Anyone able to clarify this?
Almost all pictures I have seen is in black and white. and some time the canvas look very light in it's colors, other times very dark. But most likely I have to visit modelsides on the web to see how they have solved it on their models.
Quote:
The 14in turrets were by Bombhead and the 13.5in was by Jabba I think. I think both might need some TLC.
I shall have a look on them. a soon I have good enough pictures.

In many cases when I edit and ship gun. I search for line drawings (blue print) of those vessels that had them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 3:25 pm
Thanks for doing this work heuhen, its painstaking stuff and it soothes some of the nagging doubts I've had over the turrets for some time.

Two minor points; I really prefer the current barrel shading we have, Mitchell's just seems odd to me, secondly, don't forget most of the ships with these big capital ship turrets have already been drawn. Unless the artists are going to update each drawing I wouldn't want you to spend too much time on these and find no-one uses them. I shall update my drawings with the latest parts when the sheet is ready but of course I can't vouch for other artists here. Anyhow, I look forward to seeing what your work leads too and I'll pause the updating of the parts sheets until you're ready with the finished turrets.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 3:51 pm
Good job! Hood's right, this is appreciated. I will try to remember to update my drawings with the new parts when the next upload session comes round - as well as adding some CoAs that were sent to me by KW.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 8:22 pm
The only difference you can see now is that I have edited the barrel shading a bit.

I have now collected enough pictures and refs for the 14in so they are next.

I have to study pictures on those 15in range finder a bit more....

BTW "JABBA"

every time I read you'r name I read it as "Jabba the hut!"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 26 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2847 »

Jump to: