Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Hexelarity
Post subject: Need Ship DesignsPosted: February 1st, 2016, 3:59 am
Hello i have a nation on NS if you are a good designer please design me ships it would be much appreciated thye ship style i request is Soviet 80-90's ship designs

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Need Ship DesignsPosted: February 1st, 2016, 7:12 am
The Shipbucket community tends to be very much against people turning up and requesting designs. We usually inquire as why people cannot do it themselves.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Need Ship DesignsPosted: February 1st, 2016, 5:41 pm
With a little bit of practice and patience you can design/draw ships yourself. Most people use MS Paint, I prefer MS Paint XP. Since it is Nationstates, I will say that you don't have to be... entirely proficient nor knowledgeable. You can honestly get away with drawing a simple hull, putting some weapons on it and calling it done, and that will get you more praise than you asking for someone to draw it for you. I'm not saying that simple is better, because I would tell you that it's actually fun trying to figure out how to properly draw a ship, but I'm saying that it's NS and you can get by with it.

Short Answer: Draw it yourself and have fun.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Need Ship DesignsPosted: February 1st, 2016, 6:14 pm
Welcome, you could even post in here in Beginner section and I'm sure people would be willing to talk about it :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Need Ship DesignsPosted: February 1st, 2016, 6:21 pm
To add to what's been said already, if you've got something of an idea, and don't mind constructive criticism, try the beginner drawing forum. Nobody's expecting a masterpiece as a first drawing, and I find it genuinely interesting working out how the various parts of a ship are fitted together.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: Need Ship DesignsPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 6:17 pm
apdsmith wrote:
To add to what's been said already, if you've got something of an idea, and don't mind constructive criticism, try the beginner drawing forum. Nobody's expecting a masterpiece as a first drawing, and I find it genuinely interesting working out how the various parts of a ship are fitted together.
its been awhile and i drew my first 2 ships yay thanks for the support guys!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: