Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Gator_Country
Post subject: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 3:52 pm
Hey guys (ie staff), why can't we have a discussion regarding Sea Shepherd? I don't see any harm in it, as long as no one intentionally insults another member. I have mixed opinions regarding Sea Shepherd, and I'd like to discuss them with others without having to go to another site. Basically, I think that some of what they do is beneficial, but that they get carried away (limpet mines, false flags, etc), but they do do some good. And BTW, I'm not trying to buck authority or rock the boat here, I'm just asking. I will respect whatever is said by the staff, I just don't see anything wrong with just talking about something.
Cheers,
Gator

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:00 pm
The reason I have asked the staff to close Sea Shepherd-related threads is that they have generally had a bad habit of descending into petty flame wars in the past. We had tried to have the discussion a few times but it always went in the same direction.

The ban is not solely on Sea Shepherd but on any political discussion. This is a board for discussing ship drawings - let's keep it limited to that. :)

[Profile]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Hmm, ok, could it take place provided the staff removes any posts containing foul language or insults? Whenever I disagree with someone, I make sure to keep it respectful. Maybe we could move to the Off Topic forum?

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:17 pm
I will always answer things like these in the same way as the Royal Norwegian Coast guard did, last time they was up here...

[Profile]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:49 pm
:lol: Nice one. Regardless, I don't see how talking about them is wrong.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:58 pm
Guys, I really don't see what's so hard to understand about 'no political discussions'. I don't want to be 'that guy' who puts his foot down unnecessarily, but given the history of the Sea Shepherd "discussions" (if you can call them that, they were more like knock-down-drag-out cage fights) - I don't think it's wise to have this sort of discussion taking place here. Please take it somewhere else.

With that, I ask a staff member to close this thread.

[Profile]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 5:12 pm
Where else? This isn't political in the sense of politicians and political parties, I just want to discuss the actions of a particular group. And I will NOT insult another member and turn it into a [whizzing] contest. I promise. Provided it does not get out of hand (language, insulting another member), discussing Sea Shepherd cannot hurt anybody.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 5:23 pm
Politics are more than just political parties and and politicians. Political discussion as well as all discussion regarding religions will eventually always end up in tears as usually those who bother to participate in those sort of dicsussions have so strong obinions/feelings regarding it that it's just unavoidable that they will clash with those who has equally strong obinions but a different ones.

Thus we have decided to ban political and religious dicussion from these sites as it doesen't serve any purpose in shipbucket itself.

Thanks you for understanding

Golly

[Profile]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 27th, 2013, 5:31 pm
Couldn't agree more. We don't need to discuss Bush or Obama or Conservative or Labour here, period. It serves no purpose other to than to tick people off at each other. That said, Sea Shepherd is directly connected to what we draw here-ships. I do not claim to be a rabid supporter of Sea Shepherd-heck no-but I think we should be allowed to discuss the group without either people getting ignorant, threads being locked, or both. For what it's worth, Sea Shepherd is not really political, seeing as how they're non-affiliated.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Sea ShepherdPosted: February 28th, 2013, 2:28 pm
Gator_Country wrote:
We don't need to discuss Bush or Obama or Conservative or Labour here, period. It serves no purpose other to than to tick people off at each other.

There is a wisdom in that words. We don't need to discuss here about Sea Shepherd also, it serves no purpose other to than to thick people off at each other.

And don't think that this is a democracy lad, this is a land of our glorius Administratum! If they say NO for this kind of "flame starters" that means NO. ;)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: