Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:06 pm
that raises a question: bad guys? you mean... non player characters? hmm.....

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:09 pm
Mainly bad guys means enemy ships and planes.
Not really characters as such, though I could easily have a ship and it's captain haunt them throughout their war time deployments :P

(haunt in the sense of trying to blow them up :P)

What did you mean Acelanceleot?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:14 pm
well, in RPG... is there one side (germans?) bad and one good? are all players on the allied side?
it becomes interesting when you get PvP combat and situations..... IMO. but players in this type of game don't want to be 'bad' guys. so what is it in here that you call bad guys? that is what I am questioning here.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Ah I see... well the split is similar to what it was, with axis and allies, except the axis includes the British :P
The players are all US fleet personnel (they chose which side to be on, not me).
So 'Bad Guys' are the axis, yes.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:38 pm
and what about the dutch, the french, etc, of which the navies (well, not that much in the french case... and they got an part of germany) fought alongside the allies when their nations were conquered? I'd like to see some backgroundstory as well... do you have that?

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Time line thread:
http://cortexsystemrpg.org/index.php?topic=5168.0
It's preposterous, but it makes for a fun game...

Netherlands, France, Norway etc have been taken by the Germans
The French fleet are going to escape across the Atlantic to the US (Possibly along with elements of the Norwegian Navy)
In fact any help on what the Norwegian Navy looked like in WW2 would be lovely.

Royal Navy is currently neutral. Wont be for very long.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Well Dutch ships have fighing everywere during the whole war..

[Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:47 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
Well Dutch ships have fighing everywere during the whole war..
It must be said, I don't know much about them. However, the Japanese are coming in later, so I think the elements in the pacific will continue as normal.
The Atlantic units will probably try to escape with the French Fleet (maybe)
As I say, any help would be great.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:48 pm
and don't forget the east and west indies, were parts of the dutch kingdom were still fighting after capture.
that said, your game sounds interesting and I might want to add some dutch ships in..... maybe even play in one XD if you don't mind..... (if I can use one of ALVAMA's drawings for it maybe??? ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Naval shipbuilding and combat in the cortex systemPosted: May 6th, 2011, 3:52 pm
Well, right now my players are all aboard one ship, and I'm afraid I'm aiming to keep it that way. You're welcome to join in aboard that vessel if you want to/know the system.
Quote:
and don't forget the east and west indies, were parts of the dutch kingdom were still fighting after capture.
fighting after capture? What do you mean?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: