Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: March 17th, 2016, 5:03 pm
I have issuses with Shipbucket, so i dont know if this is correct place, if its not please either remove the post or place it somewhere else(where it belongs),
I cannot see some of the pictures, some images, when i enter some topics instead of pic, it only say image but i cant see the picture of it, it may be problem with my browser since i cannot even open photobucket, and as i making AU charts with work of some people here ( I always credit all of you guys so there is no worry about stealing), however becuase of problems i cannot access all pics, the same problem for my WWII collection that i working, i couldnt acess some of WWII japanese ships it always says image image imiage instead to actually see it,

so i dont really know what to do, i wont reinstall my wins just beucase few pages dont work properly, help plz

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: March 17th, 2016, 5:20 pm
Could you link some of those posts where you cannot see the image? I think the issue is not with your PC but with the shutdown of some of the image hosts we used to use, so the image link went dead on those posts.

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: March 17th, 2016, 5:25 pm
this for example
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =12&t=6226
i cant see the image of that Delta IV, it only says image but nothing else

i do making several of the charts on deviant containing the work from people here (for my AU story), of course i always credit all people that i use work from, including yours acelanceloet, but cant finish some of the charts as i cant get the pics i need,

and my own ship drawing skills were pure catastrophy,

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: March 17th, 2016, 5:43 pm
Do you mean the image posted by Lazer_One?
Because if so, than it is a problem, with your browser, anti-virus program setting, or both. I can see the image.
That specific image is hosted on Lazer_One own site, so there shouldn't be any problems.
You can place your mouse on the word 'image' and pressing the right button, click "show picture" or "copy image location". If you do the second option open a second browser tab and paste the image location to see it.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: March 17th, 2016, 6:05 pm
unfortunatley it doesnt work,
half of stuff on this forum i can see, half i cant, all stuf in archive i can see of course, i have problem only with some topics here , all opens but not all show the images, dont know what is wrong with my browser,

by the way is anyone did a carrier Ryujo,

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: March 19th, 2016, 6:47 pm
zagoreni010 wrote:
unfortunatley it doesnt work,
half of stuff on this forum i can see, half i cant, all stuf in archive i can see of course, i have problem only with some topics here , all opens but not all show the images, dont know what is wrong with my browser,

by the way is anyone did a carrier Ryujo,
What anti-virus are you running?

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: July 9th, 2016, 12:20 pm
Photobucket has now joined the rest of the image hosts as an unusable pile of poo!

They have now removed the 'link as original size' option. They warn if you unclick the option you cannot choose it again, but the feature must have been turned off as I've just re-uploaded my Atlantic cruisers and they are re-sized despite the option still being ticked.

I'll have to find an alternative, but it may take some time. Imageshack no longer seems to be showing my older pictures I uploaded either. Feeling pretty pissed off at the moment, everyone wants to squeeze a buck out of everyone. I'm not paying for an image host so if I can't find a free one I'll be hanging up my pixel brush for good! :evil: :(

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: July 9th, 2016, 2:12 pm
try dropbox, I don't know if they have changed anything yet. since I am one of the early customers (I have it all for free, with my own dropbox folder on my computer, directly connected to the dropbox server)

There are of course those "Sky"-servers...

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: July 9th, 2016, 6:14 pm
No need to be drastic! Don't give up on Shipbucket just yet!

Got the same problem a while ago, but since I've only had a Photobucket account for a short time, I figured it was too young to be grandfathered into the "original size" VIP club, provided such a thing even exists. Maybe you forgot to select this one option that one time, maybe it de-selected itself when you weren't looking.

For the alternative, I second Henrik: you can move to Dropbox, which lets you hotlink images to full size with a few already documented tricks (no worse than Photobucket overall). The interface is fairly clean-looking and easy to grasp, the structure is flexible, plus you can upload all kinds of stuff that isn't pictures, and live-update uploaded files without the back-and-forth hassle of removing an image where you noticed a mistake and re-uploading one with the same name.

And one major change from the early days, you don't even have to install the Dropbox client!
I was a bit wary about switching over this time around, since I've always found the local client borderline invasive. Turns out you can now go to the Dropbox homepage, create an account and you get a fully online storage, albeit limited to 2Gb. Oh, they will bug you from time to time to buy more storage, but that's the only downside I've found so far.

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: July 9th, 2016, 8:49 pm
Correction to the last post: does anyone have recent issues with Dropbox displaying re-scaled images when using the direct-embed links?
The latest ones i have posted here don't come out clean, and I have tried all the tricks I found online (?raw=1, ?dl=true, etc.) to no avail.
Some mention an ongoing change in Dropbox's picture management, but no fresh intel on how to work around this yet.
Or is this on my end somehow?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: