Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
gio111
Post subject: Does anyone have any tips on how to draw a Bulbous bow?Posted: September 5th, 2012, 12:38 am
I wanted to draw the Queen Elizabeth 2. Its bulbous bow is odly shaped.

Please help. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Does anyone have any tips on how to draw a Bulbous bow?Posted: September 5th, 2012, 4:38 am
it more dificult to draw the funnel. The Bulbous bow on QE 2 is one of the most easy to draw.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprint ... -45495.jpg
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... qe2-01.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Does anyone have any tips on how to draw a Bulbous bow?Posted: September 5th, 2012, 8:30 am
Everyone has their own way of doing it but here's how I do it

1. find a good profile picture of the bulbous bow, scaling it to 1pix=6"/0.5feet
2. Clean it up a bit, removing most pixels outside the ship's hull
3. Using a curve line*# tool, place it at either ends and experiment till you get the best possible fit.
4. After this is done,clean up the curved line by eliminating all pixels of the original bulbous bow
5. At this point you should have blank area around a crisp curved line.
6. Colour the line black
7. If the rest of the under-waterline hull has been done,fill with the same colour in the section of bow not covered
8. Shading time! Look at the hull form to determine how the bow actually looks, using appropriate shading, dark shading when facin aft or down, bright shading wen facing up or fore

*MS Paint but I suppose this could fit many other programs
#Do this in a colour that will stick out, I do this in reds and oranges but each to their own

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
gio111
Post subject: Re: Does anyone have any tips on how to draw a Bulbous bow?Posted: September 5th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Thank you so much. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: