Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
KillerGuppi
Post subject: New guy with questionsPosted: June 20th, 2011, 8:40 pm
Hello dear shipbucketeers..

As you can see , i am new to Shipbucket and i therefore need some guidance.
I have been scrolling this forum for ages now, and i finally decided to join the party although i do have some questions.

I have been sketching a while in paint but never in a scale this big so my first question is how i change the colour scheme to the Shipbucket requirements?

How many pixels represents one deck on a warship?

Do i need any programmes for uploading and editing the drawings?

Whats the upload size for pictures and do i need photobucket premium?

And last but no least, i know that some of you tend to use linedrawings when drawing, but where do you find them? i have been searching the web for days now and i havent found anything...

I really hope that you can answer my questions because this is something that i would like to take part in.

Regards from Norway. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: New guy with questionsPosted: June 20th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Wellcome aboard
For your questions I'll try to give you some of my knwoledge.
On the main site there is a thread called parts sheet and there is a "drawing" of some common parts, like railings and other suff. On it (just to the right of the crane) there are three squared, which are the standard Shipbucket colors Equipment

The height of a ships deck depends on the ship, but an 8 feet high dech is 16 pixels (according to the SB scale)

To draw you can use MS-Paint or Paint.net or any other drawing tool. I use MS-Paint.
To upload drawings you'll need an account in one of the image-hosting services, like Photobucket How to upload from Photobucket, or Image host How to use Imagehost, or Imageshack aor any other.
These two tutorials also answer your question about image size and format 1MB size and .PNG format or .GIF (I think most of us use .PNG now).
You don't need Photobucket Premium, I don't have it and I've almost never had problems (*make signs to ward evil-eye*)

Many linedrawings can be found on the web, but you can use books about ships which have linedrawings and scan them, and ofcourse you can ask for help on the forum.

My last answer should have been the first, but none the less here it is Here you can find everything you'll need to know about Shipbicket

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: New guy with questionsPosted: June 20th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Also, always check to the parts sheet discussion forum for newer versions of the parts from the main site. Some parts have been the same since the beginning while others seems to change daily.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
KillerGuppi
Post subject: Re: New guy with questionsPosted: June 21st, 2011, 12:51 pm
Thank you both, i will start drawing as soon as i get the time.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: New guy with questionsPosted: June 21st, 2011, 3:09 pm
A minor correction for Novice: You don't need an account to upload to quite a few image hosting sites, such as tinypic or imgur.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: