Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
battleship lover
Post subject: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 20th, 2014, 7:43 pm
I played black ops 2 before and I remember the player trying to protect a fictional Air craft carrier called the USS Barack Obama. I am hoping for a discussion and debate if the Obama would work?

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 20th, 2014, 7:58 pm
What exactly do you mean "would it work"?

If this thread has been posted with the intent to start a political debate then I'll go ahead and close it...

[Profile]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 20th, 2014, 8:02 pm
I think it's about the fictional carrier design, if it's a workable design, or if it's just a pile of digital tripe.

[Profile]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 20th, 2014, 8:07 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]
I doubt it could work. for example, the radars are in the ideal spot to fry the aircraft electronics instead of detecting eneme aircraft. the RAM launcher position seems also very bad.

about the hull I can say very little, but all points at the fact that it is an game designers 'cool' carrier and it has very little to do with how real life ships work.

[Profile]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 20th, 2014, 11:27 pm
In the game it takes place in 2025 and the ships are using Phalanxes.

[Profile]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 21st, 2014, 7:22 am
To name a carrier after that...well, in the interest of maintaining decorum here I won't say what he is, but to name a CVN or any other U.S. Navy vessel (well, maybe a garbage scow is ok) after such an individual - even in a game world - would be pretty much cursing the ship for its entire existence.

Now back to your regularly-visited, non-political ship-drawing forum. :D

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 21st, 2014, 10:15 am
Hi emporer_andreas,

Can you advise your objections? By 2025 President Obama will have been out of office for 7 years and CV's have been named for living ex-presidents before (for instance, the USS Ronald Reagan). Or is your objection entirely political? (which, I'd point out, is a great way to make sure nothing ever gets agreed...)

Regards,
Adam

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 21st, 2014, 10:17 am
politics boys, politics and this forum is a nono!

BTW, as one said, if an politician is hated for what he do, then he is doing something correct!

[Profile]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 21st, 2014, 12:43 pm
"You have enemies, good. That means you have stood up for something in your life" Winston S. Churchill.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Would the USS Barack Obama work?Posted: June 21st, 2014, 1:59 pm
Ah well this thread went exactly where I figured it would...

Political discussions (including starting threads about ship designs / concepts that will knowingly cause others to bring up political discussions) are not allowed on this board. If you want to get your jollies with your bumper sticker opinions, please go somewhere else...

The ban of political statements also extends to signatures. This is a forum for discussing drawings - not inciting others to anger and rude discussions about things that (frankly) have no bearing on our work here.

Thread closed etc.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: