Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Tempest
Post subject: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 20th, 2014, 7:03 pm
So what is your favourite film or films?

My all time favourite films are Shooter at #1 and Fight Club at #2.

Favourite comedies are The Other Guys and Get Him To The Greek.

Favourite war films are Cross of Iron, Kelly's Heroes, Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.

Favourite Christmas films are A Christmas Carol and Schrooged.

Favourite TV series is Revolution at the moment.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Favourite film/filmsPosted: January 20th, 2014, 7:17 pm
Favorite Films: Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, No Country for Old Men, SkyFall
Favorite Comedies: Anchorman 1 & 2
Favorite War Film: Black Hawk Down and Inglorious Bastards

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Favourite film/filmsPosted: January 20th, 2014, 7:18 pm
Oh gods. Don't know if I have any specific favourites. I like Aronofsky's movies very much though.
I've been watching and re-watching Moulin Rouge these last days(my musical group is setting it up on stage for autumn), so I guess that one qualifies at the moment.
Heheh, on a forum of war geeks, I'm probably the only one who likes romantic tragedies. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 20th, 2014, 7:26 pm
Trojan wrote:
Favorite Films: Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, No Country for Old Men, SkyFall
Favorite Comedies: Anchorman 1 & 2
Favorite War Film: Black Hawk Down and Inglorious Bastards
So many good films, not seen Anchorman 2 yet though. Dark Knight was an unexpectedly awesome performance for Heath Ledger, his Pièce de résistance.
KHT wrote:
Oh gods. Don't know if I have any specific favourites. I like Aronofsky's movies very much though.
I've been watching and re-watching Moulin Rouge these last days(my musical group is setting it up on stage for autumn), so I guess that one qualifies at the moment.
Heheh, on a forum of war geeks, I'm probably the only one who likes romantic tragedies. ;)
I've not seen any of Aronofsky's films yet. I might watch Pi soon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 20th, 2014, 8:01 pm
My favourite film over all is probably October Sky, which is a biographical film about Homer Hickam, one of the engineers who designed the Spac Shuttle.

Comedy: S/S Martha.

War: This is a tough one. It's a toss-up between Letters from Iwo Jima, Tora! Tora! Tora! and Beneath Hill 60.
If we include series as well then ANZACs, despite its almost painful bias. Band of Brothers and The Pacific are also well worth watching. And perhaps my favourite war themed series of all time, M.A.S.H.
I've also got great hopes for the Danish series 1864 that's currently in production.

Space: Apollo 13. I also enjoyed Gravity tremendously, despite its dodgy science.
I'll also recommend When we left Earth, Moonmachines, BBC's Space Race and From the Earth to the Moon. The engines that came in from the cold is also supposed to be good, though I haven't seen it yet.

To me Moulin Rouge is best described as a bus film. Not particularly good, in fact it's pretty terrible in places, but at least it's long. Perfect when you have a 18 hour bus trip ahead of you.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 20th, 2014, 9:11 pm
My favorit movie is : A Bridge to Far

My favorit war movies are: Apocalypse now, The Deer hunter, Windtalkers, We were Soldiers and Black Hawk Down.

And war series are: Tour of duty , Band of brothers, The pacific,

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 20th, 2014, 9:17 pm
Im really bad at movies... I don't watch them, and I cannot stand most of the Hollywood projects and only couple of times I feel I've gotten the artistic kicks out of movies in the same way I get it from say like, music or literature. I dare to name any of my few favorites in fear of huge hipster label :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 20th, 2014, 9:30 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Im really bad at movies... I don't watch them, and I cannot stand most of the Hollywood projects and only couple of times I feel I've gotten the artistic kicks out of movies in the same way I get it from say like, music or literature. I dare to name any of my few favorites in fear of huge hipster label :oops:

Oh go on! :)

I forgot to mention some of my favourites but they've been mentioned or will get mentioned i'm sure but for a Gun slinger I have to say Last Man Standing, imho its an outstanding take on the classic scenario we see in the A Fistful of Dollars, favourite sci-fi film would be Starship Troopers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 20th, 2014, 10:17 pm
If we are including Band Of Brother and the Pacific, don't forget Generation Kill, my personal favorite of the three.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Favourite Film/Films and TV SeriesPosted: January 21st, 2014, 6:12 am
Movies: Solaris, all the Monty Python movies, Twister, It Came From Outer Space, Them!, Tarantula, Plan 9 From Outer Space, The Final Countdown, Dune, Logan's Run, The Indestructable Man

Series: The Army Game, The Addams Family, Hogan's Heroes, The Goodies, Monty Pythons Flying Circus, QI, Danger Man, The Prisoner, UFO, The Twilight Zone, The Invaders, Space 1999, The Outer Limits, Kolchak, Red Dwarf, Dr Who

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: