Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
klagldsf
Post subject: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer help)Posted: February 4th, 2013, 4:35 pm
I just installed AdAware and AdBlock (through CNet no less) and apparently all it's done is to add MORE spyware and malware to my computer, and getting rid of it is proving almost impossible.

- something called "VB" comes up, and after I uninstalled it through the Control Panel it still keeps popping up. It keeps hijacking my homepage no matter how many times I reset it.
- When I try to remove it via Control Panel, it causes Control Panel to crash so I can't remove other things
- I keep getting ads and other popups
- All web browsers keep crashing every 5 minutes and I loose my tabs and get the VB homepage instead
- I keep getting notices to restart my computer every 5 minutes
- It's just getting more and more frustrating to the point where I'm seriously considering running this PC over with my truck and getting a new one as a realistic option

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 5:01 pm
Have you tried running Spybot S&D or a similar anti malware software?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Spybot doesn't work. I can't even run AdAware or AdBlock while this is infecting my computer. Like I said, it appears my computer got infected with this VisualBee/Conduit malware when I tried to install and run either AdAware, AdBlock or both programs in the first place (it looks like AdBlock is the most likely culprit). I downloaded both programs directly from CNet.com, where I almost exclusively download programs.

Since then I went to the guys at bleepingcomputer.com and asked around, subsequently downloading AdwCleaner directly from that website. It looks like it worked.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 5:31 pm
Ok, now a second stupid question, I don't know how to set up Firefox so that when you click on a new tab it shows you a list of the most frequented websites. Looked under options but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 5:52 pm
With multiple serious infections, your computer is now suspect - I'd take off and nuke the entire thing from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Thanks Tim >_>

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 6:00 pm
I know another program,which I use for several years.Google "Glary Utilities" and download the GlarySoft.You will find an image with the name "gu setup" in your computer after.Install it and run it.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 7:03 pm
According to the guys at Bleeping Computer CNet itself got infected. I followed their instructions and it looks like everything works now, including Firefox being 100% restored (even if it took a full-blown reinstall)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 4th, 2013, 10:02 pm
I am Old school.And for this you need to know what you do...:
- First I find out where the shit is installed.
- then I shut down my computer.
- Pray to the Hammer!
- Boot up my pre installed Linux.
- find the Windows part of my HD and go into it.
- Go to where the shit are, and delete the shit.
- Check the log files. delete here as well.
- Go to a map where every computer are downloading webpages and other stuff. (This is for getting hrom, Firefox, etc. faster...) Delet every thing in there.
- restart computer and do the Normal Virus and spyware scan to see if there is anything else in there.
- If anything is founded. repeat the Linux cleanup!

- And if you are like me that have removed Microsoft admin protection... then you have access to some sub folders. sometimes there can be something there. but before deleting there you need to know what you are deleting.

So yeah I do it the old way. But then I have almost never any type of virus, spyware, etc. on my computer. Only bean hacked two time.... But for this one I using the Linux medicine as well, And some dirty files (If you know what I mean!)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: I ju7st don't know what to do anymore (need computer helPosted: February 5th, 2013, 3:55 am
Reading all of that made me feel like I was on /tg/ again. BTW, what I just said was the exact opposite of a compliment.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: