Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
rifleman
Post subject: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 10:45 am
Down South: A Falklands war Diary by Chris Parry

Observer on HMS Antrims Wessex

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 10:55 am
Currently I'm reading Modern Warships: Design and Development by Norman Friedman and B&W Four-Stroke diesel engines 1910-2010

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 11:07 am
The Iron Man by John Watson (yes Bombhead I found a copy in Australia for sale!)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 12:38 pm
"The Seventh Carrier" by Peter Albano

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 4:45 pm
Ship of Ghosts (account of the USS Houston)
The Battle to Save the Houston (about the torpedoing of CL-81 and her survival)
The Battle of Surigao Strait
Civilian in an Ill-Fitting Uniform (account of a fighter direction officer on the USS Alaska)
Singapore Burning (fall of Singapore)
Wake of the Wahoo

Just ordered from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Neptunes-Inferno- ... pd_sim_b_1
http://www.amazon.com/Every-Day-Nightma ... 359&sr=1-1

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 4:55 pm
Re-reading Ship of Ghosts (Same as Colo!), 3rd time on Castles of Steel, a number of accounts of the IJN navy' history (I cannot recall the titles right now...), and Jutland, A Narrative. Besides that, I always have at least half a dozen books open for this or that...

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 7:23 pm
Still on Singapore Burning (after another book on the Prince of Wales/Repulse loss). Also, rereading 'Fleet Tactics theory and practice' by Capt. Wayne P Hughes, jr USN (Ret.). I found this in a charity shop!!! And of course, most evenings I end up on the couch with my dog (and LP) with my Freidman books, and lots more of the same.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 8:15 pm
actually I am not reading a book because... I was part of the team that wrote the book "Vedetta Atlantica" which collects all the issues of the journal published during ww2 at the Italian Submarine base in Bordeaux and we will present the book next saturday.

[ img ]

here below an archive picture: an italian officier is showing the journal to Captain Grossi

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 1st, 2012, 9:13 pm
I'm ashamed to say that my bookshelves groan with the weight of new books but none of them are naval connected...

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 2nd, 2012, 9:21 am
Most of my naval books are electrical... I just checked that my "library" folder contained 471 items... and about 400 of them are naval rest are aviation/meddieval or other... and over 75% are russian or polish language ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: