Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Navybrat85
Post subject: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 3:27 am
Normally, I'm all for the freedom of speech, but on Tuesday, I am going to take a stand...The Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting the funeral of a soldier from a nearby town killed recently overseas. My wife and I will be joining a counter-protest, along with veterans and members of the Patriot Guard to screen the family of Sergeant 1st Class Robinson from these nutjobs. Any Illinois Bucketeers who can make the trip up here who want to join us, PM me and I'll give you the details.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 4:35 am
One question begars, if you don't mind... (and I live in TX, so cannot join...) WHY??? (not you, them!)

[Profile] [Quote]
CanisD
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 5:28 am
I've read a couple articles from people in Kansas that suggest the "church" is actually a giant scam. Most of the members are apparently lawyers and they basically try to incite people to try and stop them from protesting and then sue them for violating their 1st Amendment rights. They could also be bat-crap crazy, inbred idiots.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 6:08 am
I've heard a lot about these guys as well- CanisD is right, they are a bunch of lawyer-types who incite a riot to further their goals of profitable lawsuits, then hide behind the non-profit status of a 'church' in case there is any chance of them loosing. After all... what can you get if you sue a non-profit organization?

The members are also indeed crazy as outhouse rats, and most are related to the pastor in some way.

Good luck in your efforts- this troop will be praying that you guys can situate your counter-protest between them and the actual funeral... perhaps with some large screen curtains to help block the view? :twisted:

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 9:53 am
Good man, and good luck to you. Fully support this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 10:04 am
I have to agree with CanisD. Their websites has all the earmarks of a troll.
Had they really been trying to achieving what they say they are they would have gone for a much less extreme platform.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 2:07 pm
Friends of the family of S1C Robinson have asked the people attending to bring white sheets to screen the family...If I can't find a Babysitter, I may just drive my car up and down the street past the WBC jerks. my muffler broke, and that V-6 engine is really really loud...

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 2:32 pm
A 3-volley salute should be arranged. With live rounds. Directed at the 'protesters'. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 2:39 pm
jabba wrote:
A 3-volley salute should be arranged. With live rounds. Directed at the 'protesters'. :D
No.

No matter how repugnant the WBC members are, they are exercising their first amendment rights I get very very squeamish about punishing people for saying things I don't like.

That said - Navybrat, I wish you the best in droning out the noise and/or shielding the family.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Standing up for what's right...Posted: November 7th, 2011, 2:47 pm
A helicopter with a water bag under ... It is certainly the method we use when we have water wars here in Norway (in the military!)!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: