Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 30th, 2012, 1:54 pm
dreadnaught111 wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
Could have had a cool movie about modern navies but of course we have to bring in aliens and stupid special effects.
I agree with that statement 100%. :!:
hey lol at you. Perhaps but I could be wrong ( ;) ) it's was all about Alien warface. God could not care if you like or not.

[Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 30th, 2012, 5:07 pm
Quote:
Saw the movie last night at the Kenosha Drive in,(12 bucks total admission for me, Mrs. NB85 and the kids) as part of a double feature with Men in Black 3. As entertainment, it was okay. I thought some of the dialogue left something to be desired. Not gonna come down too hard on the guy who played "Mick" for his lines...as Dr. McCoy might say, "damnit man he's a soldier, not an actor!"
Drive In :o You still have Drive In's :shock: That brought back a rush of nostalgia, better than Proust's Madeleine. 1965 to 1967 at the Kalgoorlie Drive In, hooking the speaker onto the window; the local hoon with the best looking girl in town on the back row, the springs going gently up and down. Nearer the front Mum and Dad and about twenty kids in a Ford Falcon station wagon, the kids in their pyjamas. Watching what? IIRC usually a James Bond movie with the only Bond Sean Connery; or a Disney or Doris Day movie...ah nostalgia, you know it aint what it used to be.

And now, not a single Drive In left. the last time I went to Kalgoorlie the Drive In's had closed because people now rented movies to watch at home :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 30th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Quote:
Saw the movie last night at the Kenosha Drive in,(12 bucks total admission for me, Mrs. NB85 and the kids) as part of a double feature with Men in Black 3. As entertainment, it was okay. I thought some of the dialogue left something to be desired. Not gonna come down too hard on the guy who played "Mick" for his lines...as Dr. McCoy might say, "damnit man he's a soldier, not an actor!"
Drive In :o You still have Drive In's :shock: That brought back a rush of nostalgia, better than Proust's Madeleine. 1965 to 1967 at the Kalgoorlie Drive In, hooking the speaker onto the window; the local hoon with the best looking girl in town on the back row, the springs going gently up and down. Nearer the front Mum and Dad and about twenty kids in a Ford Falcon station wagon, the kids in their pyjamas. Watching what? IIRC usually a James Bond movie with the only Bond Sean Connery; or a Disney or Doris Day movie...ah nostalgia, you know it aint what it used to be.

And now, not a single Drive In left. the last time I went to Kalgoorlie the Drive In's had closed because people now rented movies to watch at home :(
You come from a better generation

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 31st, 2012, 1:23 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Quote:

There's a properly good one in Dromana (VIC) which is still rather retro but not cringingly retro

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 31st, 2012, 2:56 am
Drive-ins have made a bit of a comeback in rural Texas, I've driven past several that play movies every night.

Though I am going to echo Erusia Force's comment.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 31st, 2012, 3:48 am
Colosseum wrote:
What, this?
Erusia Force wrote:
I originally had something in here that could be interpreted as mildly offensive at least but I'm just going to say I'm putting my foot down in offense to the implication that I come from an "inferior" generation. And whatever facts and opinions may be laid out, I'm willing to lay my foot down and drag it along the line in the sand.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 31st, 2012, 5:28 am
I know of one in Alabama on HWY 280 between Alex City and B'ham, did shows on Fri and Sat nights; was open as of 2 years ago Christmas.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 31st, 2012, 6:07 am
Drive I'n's wern't 'nostalgic' when they were cutting edge entertainment; I mean, the speaker! The ones we had would have broken your foot if you dropped it, and I'm sure the car listed with the weight :lol: But I'm pleased to hear they are making a come back in some places. In rural Australia we used to sit around the radio, and yes, actually had musical evenings......my god, that was a shock to a pommey emmigrant. And yes, first television, then the video rental, and now of course what I'm doing now (irony?) gradually eroded that sense of community that was so essential in rural areas. But you can't turn back the clock :|

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 31st, 2012, 1:58 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
What, this?
Erusia Force wrote:
I originally had something in here that could be interpreted as mildly offensive at least but I'm just going to say I'm putting my foot down in offense to the implication that I come from an "inferior" generation. And whatever facts and opinions may be laid out, I'm willing to lay my foot down and drag it along the line in the sand.
Sorry if you took offense, I was just noting that his time at drive ins sounds more appealing than dirty dollar movies and raves.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 31st, 2012, 10:16 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Drive I'n's wern't 'nostalgic' when they were cutting edge entertainment; I mean, the speaker! The ones we had would have broken your foot if you dropped it, and I'm sure the car listed with the weight :lol:
Yeah, well now you can have all that except for a speaker that will break your foot :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: