Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:36 pm
TimothyC wrote:
In these situations, the best solution is the profligate use of atomic weaponry to maintain a space launch infrastructure long enough to get the equipment for a self-sustaining human presence off of the Earth. Once that's done, you sanitize the planet.
To the moon lads ... to the MOON! :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:49 pm
Thiel wrote:
If the goal is to bomb the zombies flat then something like the IFS-1 USS Carronade would fit the bill
That actually fits the bill pretty well. The crew is a bit high and I don't know if it would troops like an APD but a modern version of this would be a pretty good design. That's the kind of thing I was looking for with this post.

Too bad it doesn't look as good as Alaska, I'd rather be seen on Alaska than on that thing!

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 8:10 pm
I can't imagine it would be too hard to design a nuclear shell for the Alaska. The 40kT W33 should make a perfect starting point.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 8:18 pm
Rhade wrote:
To the moon lads ... to the MOON! :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLjdx5c1YRI

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 8:42 pm
I don't think nukes are the most effective weapon to use against zombies, especially if you are trying to reclaim the territory. That said if you're trying to destroy a bunch of em and you don't mind possible side effects a nuclear armed Alaska would be a good bet.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 8:55 pm
I like Thiel's idea. It's got those beautiful Bofors for making beer runs up the river to the nearest supermarket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 9:46 pm
http://z11.invisionfree.com/shipbucket/ar/t2935.htm
I recommend this little guy from the old site
Theres also other related designs in this secret projects topic that might fit the bill
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/i ... ic=5861.15 http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... URS-40.gif
Also I feel like a lot of what WhyMe has drawn including his http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... MR-188.png and his seaplane carrier and cutter designs that had modifications made to them that gave them small landing craft.
Though I'm since this is a modern scenario those would probably better serve as inspiration.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 11:40 pm
Didn't I draw a Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship? Oh, yeah, I did. I'll post it when I can find it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 11:59 pm
those all fit the bill. id like to see you take on it klagldsf

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 16th, 2013, 3:26 am
Found some nonsense from years and years ago:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: