Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 29 of 100  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page « 127 28 29 30 31100 »
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 3:21 am
Carthaginian wrote:

Notice the 'Shoot Me Sign' uniforms worn by the Grandfathers. :P
And the distinguish guy in the right bottom corner with the broom :lol:

[Profile]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 4:52 am
Colosseum wrote:
Carthaginian wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
Note the complete lack of elan displayed by the grandson.
Notice the 'Shoot Me Sign' uniforms worn by the Grandfathers. :P
You mean the exquisite uniforms worn by people who knew how to dress themselves properly? :P
War Between the States- Casualty Figures:

United States Army, a.k.a.The Bluebellies
140,414 killed in action

Confederate States Army, a.k.a. The Gray Ghosts, a.k.a. The Butternut Boys
72,524 killed in action

TRANSLATION: Fashun Statementz on teh battlefieldz nawt so gud, akshully!
[ img ]

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 9:53 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
There is also a problem with the generations; just compare the USA and Gt Britain. I'd think this was kitbash someone's put together without much thought.
Indeed.
As far as I can recall for the US we soldiers from the American Civil War, WWII, Vietnam and and some sort tech demo for the Land Warrior program (I think)
On the German side we have a Dragoon (I think) from the Napoleonic wars, a Storm trooper from WWI, a panzer grenadier from WWII and a rifleman from today.
Britain is represented by a soldier from the Napoleonic war, WWI, WWII and today.
I don't know enough about Japanese military uniforms to identify the first two, but the third one is from WWII and the last one is a modern Spec Ops of some sort.
The French are represented by a Napoleonic soldier, one from the Franco-Prussian war or early WWI, one from late WWI and one from today.
Similarly, I don't know much about the Chinese, but if I were to guess I'd say the first one is from the twenties, the second one from WWII or the first years after it, the third is from the sixties and the last one is from today.

Not exactly a straight up comparison and it's obvious that whoever made it didn't like the ROC.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 24th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Norwegian destroyer HNoMS Sleipner. 16. April 1940

[ img ]

[Profile]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 24th, 2012, 5:48 pm
Oh how nice, they've planted a shrubbery! :lol:

[Profile]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 25th, 2012, 2:35 pm
Thiel wrote:
Not exactly a straight up comparison and it's obvious that whoever made it didn't like the ROC.
That is actually a Taiwanese Parody to the ROC Armed Force because they are getting to look like this:
[ img ]
Ten Years Ago:
[ img ]
And they are the Military Police. The Role Model of the Armed Force as they claim...

Hmm I'll talk about the Asian Uniforms:
Japan (From Left to Right): 1880-1890s Solider/ Russo-Japanese War/WWI Period Solider, WWII IJA Solider, Modern JMSDF Spec Ops.
China (From Left to Right): Qing Dynasty (1900s) Solider, Late WWII Nationalist 'American Weaponry' Solider, 1970-1980s 'Heavy Weaponry' Division Solider, Future Street Cleaner in Camouflage :lol:

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 25th, 2012, 7:32 pm
What are they complaining about?
[ img ]
Royal Danish Navy uniform anno 1870
[ img ]
Royal Danish Navy uniform anno 2008
I should note that the black hat is still in use. The white one is only used while on guard or by the marching band

Worklist

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 26th, 2012, 3:06 am
Who can tell me what this is:

[ img ]

And yes, I know what it is (I took the picture), I'm seeing if anyone else can ID it.

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 26th, 2012, 4:32 am
SOme sort of bomb-sight?

Worklist

[Profile]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Today's picture from the Web!Posted: March 26th, 2012, 4:57 am
The ultra rare Camerafish?

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 29 of 100  [ 999 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 127 28 29 30 31100 »

Jump to: