Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 22nd, 2016, 8:00 pm
...and evidently Swedenhave plans to resurrect their blue-water navy "Kustflottan" with Nansen/Hvidtfeld type vessels.! They apparently took the lessons learnt from 2010-11 to their heart. Well, if they need the types, I've already drawn them! (And named them too...) 8-) :D :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 23rd, 2016, 2:32 pm
Well, if we're nitpicking about the abuse of the "destroyer" name tag, remember that this is nothing new. If only since the Izumo builds on a long tradition of "helicopter destroyers" which have evolved into the massive flat-tops of today.

The destroyer category was fated as being in the middle between cruiser and frigate, so that ambitious/overachieving countries will name their frigates "destroyer", while others will downgrade their cruisers to "destroyer" to reduce visibility or political fallout (as is typically the case with Japan).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: