Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 6:14 pm
Yes, I generally think RED CROWN type early warning stations are useful against zombies flying planes.

Sorry but this is a really dumb thread... :/

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 6:24 pm
never mind the squids...... if you can have any type of zombie, the dead coming back to life, you could also have dinosaurs back alive :P undead T-rex.... try to hit that brain! xD

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 6:31 pm
thats a good reason to put a 5in gun on my zombie hunting ship

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:03 pm
there is this never build designed for after a nuclear war it should work for a Zombie Apocalypse.

http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201984.gif

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:10 pm
thats a good design. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that got built too after the apocalypse but it can't perform any sort of firesupport mission.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:13 pm
You could have other smaller ships to do that while these ships carry the women and children.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:22 pm
The answer, as always, lies in rebuilding all six Alaska class cruisers and firing nuclear W23 shells into the zombie hordes.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:30 pm
Colosseum wrote:
The answer, as always, lies in rebuilding all six Alaska class cruisers and firing nuclear W23 shells into the zombie hordes.
Alaskas can't actually fire W23s. They can however fire W81s (maybe - I know it fit in the 13.5" SM-2 body) or W82s (as long-range subcallibre rounds). I would actually support this plan, if we re-engine the ships to have diesel engines. Don't get me wrong, I love steam power, but for this situation, diesel is more reliable.
APDAF wrote:
there is this never build designed for after a nuclear war it should work for a Zombie Apocalypse.

http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201984.gif
This is the least-stupid thing you've said in the thread. For reference, the design was originally posted in this thread on the old board.
Syzmo wrote:
thats a good design. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that got built too after the apocalypse but it can't perform any sort of firesupport mission.
Well, there were always proposals for an MRLS mod to the ASROC launcher, and even a 3"/50 can do nasty things when the opponent can't/doesn't shoot back.

Last edited by TimothyC on May 18th, 2021, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:32 pm
Colosseum wrote:
I'm sold! I would fight zombies in an Alaska anyday.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Ship DiscussionPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:35 pm
If the goal is to bomb the zombies flat then something like the IFS-1 USS Carronade would fit the bill

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: