Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: USS MassachusettsPosted: April 29th, 2012, 5:13 pm
From those pics, it looks like the guns open to display on Mass are in as bad a shape as the guns NOT on display in the Alabama. I'll have to dig out some tour pics and post them, but the interior of the Alabama is still well-preserved, right down to the smell of fuel oil and stale sweat (hey, it's Alabama, summer time, and the AC on Lady A leaves something to be desired).

The poor aircraft took a beating during Hurricane Ivan, but they are still there.

The Drum looks better inside than she has in a long time, and the outside, as Erusia Force says, is coming along nicely... though all those years floating in Mobile Bay's brackish water without a drydock took a far greater toll on her thin outer skin.

Visited both last year on my B-day and drive by them about every other week going to see my Bro on the Mobile side of the Bay. During my annual trip this year, I'll have to really canvas the old girl for pics.

BTW- only one restaurant your need to remember when you visit her: THE ORIGINAL OYSTER HOUSE!

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: USS MassachusettsPosted: April 29th, 2012, 5:38 pm
Carthaginian wrote:
BTW- only one restaurant your need to remember when you visit her: THE ORIGINAL OYSTER HOUSE!

There is Validity in this comment! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: USS MassachusettsPosted: April 30th, 2012, 4:00 am
Carthaginian wrote:
Damn Straight!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: