Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Dreadnaught
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 21st, 2011, 7:02 am
So we now have Kim 3.0 and we have ourselves to blame for this latest version of Kim. North Korea has no ecomony, people starving and a military stuck in the 50's yet it makes the three most advanced armed forces in the world (US, Japan, South Korea) look like a bunch of monkeys trying to fuck a football. From my experince in the USAF and friends who served in Korea whenever the NK's send an armed squad into the DMZ the entire Pacific Rim goes on alert (yes I exaggerate but you get my point). The NK's almost got a 30 man commando in the Blue House to kill SK's president in the 60's there is of course the Pueblo Incidnet. The NK agents kidnapped SK and Japanese citizens and forced them to train their agent to act native. The NK's have shot down ROKAF and USAF aircraft. During the 1988 Seoul Olympics the ROK and US forces in Korea went on alert and the US Navy parked two CBG's to make sure NK didn't get cute.

NK can be crushed in less than a week if done right IMO. When I brought this up in another forum they got all crybaby on me by saying that NK has all that artillery massed around Seoul and the 11 million people that live there and my response was basically I wasn't the dumbass that thought living within range of NK artillery was a good idea. Having your seat of government under the guns of the NK's isn't a smooth move either. How about moving things a few km south.

Besides if done my way NK's artillery would be too busy fighting for its life to lob shells at Seoul.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 21st, 2011, 10:33 am
You may be right. But still, three minor points;

1) N.K. has nuclear weapons

2) It is (collectively) 'barking mad'

3) There's no oil to get.

What does interest me is how China, while assuming the role of a world power, keeps the equivalent of a mad bull-dog terrier on a leash, presumably to scare the beejebus out of the rest of its neighbours. When, not if, the millions of half starved N.K.'s begin to mass at the boarders looking for food, who is going to pick up the tab? S.K. certainly won't want one of the world's worst cases of mass starvation to take care of, so what will China do? Maybe the Chinese are as bemused as the rest of the world? Still, they prop up the various Kim's.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 21st, 2011, 11:01 am
'Ronery..."

[Profile] [Quote]
Dreadnaught
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 21st, 2011, 1:56 pm
Yes Portsmouth Bill you bring up good points.

1. Yes thanks to the clueless Clinton Administration NK has nukes because they believed Kim when he said "Ok because you are nice to us we will stop our nuke program." Hit the nuke bunkers and command and control would be target number one.

2....and starving. Crush the NK air defense grid and then airdrop MRE's and all that propaganda could be wiped out when confronted with a Big Mac and fries.

3. Yes there is no oil but millions of people slowly dying from starvation. Apparently "No blood for freeing and oppressed starving population from years of brutal treatment" ranks up there with "No blood for oil"

As for China I think they have washed their hands with the crazy Kim's. At one time NK served their purpose but now I get the vibe that China sees them as the screwed up family member that's needs an intervention but refuses and so China says "I'm outta here, I'm tired of dealing with this BS."

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 21st, 2011, 6:01 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
You may be right. But still, three minor points;

1) N.K. has nuclear weapons

2) It is (collectively) 'barking mad'

3) There's no oil to get.
You forget the single most important point- Uncle Qin sits over the Yalu river waiting to repeat the last attempt that the Free World made to get rid of North Korea.
It's not two of the three points that you made which keep us from attacking, or have ever kept us from attacking... it's the plain and simple fact that we have not no nor have we ever had the desire to fight the millions of Chinese that will once again stream across the border as reinforcements.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 21st, 2011, 6:04 pm
Kim Jong-Healthy

Kim Jong-IL

Kim Jong-Dead

Circle of life ...

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 5:39 am
Placeholder post until I get to a real keyboard.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 2:24 pm
Rhade wrote:
Kim Jong-Healthy

Kim Jong-IL

Kim Jong-Dead

Circle of life ...
You forgot Kim Jong-Un-Dead.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kim Jong-il deadPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 4:07 pm
A witty comment from APDAF! 8-) :D :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: