Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Thiel
Post subject: Re: SMX-25 French Stealth SubmarinePosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:06 pm
Rhade wrote:
Yeah you right in most cases Rusel. But this "ship" is not design to operate under water like submarine, that design is more like I WW subs. Ships that operate most on surface and sometimes go under. The idea is pretty old, but also interesting concept.
DCNs website wrote:
Despite the fact that the SMX-25 can deploy very quickly, it is essentially a conventional submarine. On reaching its designated patrol area, the SMX-25 will operate like other submarines using the same types of sensors and resources.
DCN doesn't agree.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: SMX-25 French Stealth SubmarinePosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:11 pm
Aaaaaahhh ... commercial bulsh**. If you want good submarine you build submarine if you want good surface ship you build frigate ect. That concept is model for "Jack of all trades, master of none".

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: SMX-25 French Stealth SubmarinePosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:15 pm
I like the cut of your jib Rhade
Perhaps the design bureau responsible had too much time on their hands!
I don't suppose there is something like Springsharp that you could run a "copy" of a sub like this through and get some figures on noise?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: SMX-25 French Stealth SubmarinePosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:18 pm
True, but they're not trying to make a surface combatant. The goal was to create a submarine that could get to its patrol area very fast.
With current technology there's only two way to achieve that, nuclear power or something like this.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages, whether they're worth it is up to the buyer.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: