Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 12:33 pm
Quote:
Yeah right, so why don`t you limit yourself to say it in the correct place in the first place. That is, the uploading forum and not here

Honestly? Becouse I (perhaps naively) thougth that announcing this beforehand in here would have saved us lot of hurt-ego drama in the uploading session. I was wrong apparently, but taken how much of my attention the uploading takes, this drama is better to be dealt in here...
Quote:
With your attitude of simply coming in, into any topic, and spitting your, suposed administrator stuff, you get exactly the kind of reactions that you say you don`t want to enhance. Bezobrazov has been very clear from the begining, as he is doing this work for the joy of it and eagerly to get the feedback from others in order to get a job well done. He has never asked you to upload anything of it, but you take the whole topic as it is meant for upload, so it is you the one who is out of place here in the first place. If you would have waited to see this stuff in the upload forum, then you would probably be right, but this is not the case here, and really has never been.
In here I think we get into root of this why I still don't have sligthest glue why people even are getting upsett. When I say "I wont upload every single ship to a archive of certain class", I would really like know in which particular word it suddenly turns into "Your work is compelte rubbish and you are an ill-skilled idiot who is doing everything wrong." ??? which seems to be what people think here I am saying...

Becouse honestly, If I would think such way, I would have said so. I am a Fin, I don't disquise my opinions or implications of my intentions into some BS. Thats just way things work. I don't go out calling people my friends when they are not or give compliments to someone when they don't deserve it.

But here, I think it isen't the case. Even after this drama, I've not found a single flawn in Bezobrasov's work nor in his ambitions to work with us. Just a disargeement what will come to the uploading of this stuff. And this has apparently seen by Bezo as act of rudeness and trambling him down. My intention never was that and thus I've allready apoligized from him and tried to explain why his response was bit uncalled for.
Quote:
Not being a psichologist myself, I can humbly tell you that sensitivities of people are very diverse, as the colors of the rainbow, my friend.
You can`t expect that everyone will respond in the same way, as you do.
I've noticed. But I dont give slack about it. I don't bamber egos. Never have and never will. If someone takes my critic or (like in this case) imagined critics into their hanging ropes, then they clearly have to deal with themselves.
Quote:
What I get out of this "jewel" : whatever you say that is disliked by someone in the administrator staff, then it is "trolling",

Better to limit myself to "lurking" only, otherwise I`ll end up be called as a "troll" too
well obvious troll is obvious ;)
But nah, you are just behaving a bit like an asshole in a situation where it is bit uncalled for ;) . No adm. fascism taken place here. No one will get banned or such...
I and others are trying to just solve this missfortunate mess. Hope we will succeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 12:46 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
To BrockPaine:

How Im not suprised to see you posting here over this matter? Not really you first time you go rather wildely speaking of how hordes of artist are leaving the Bucket? Infact weren't it you who created that sockpuppet during the munity and among other things falsely claimed that certain old school members were leaving us?
Sockpuppet? I should think not. If you wish to throw around allegations at me, kindly take the time to verify them.

In any case, please quote me correctly: I said that "many otherwise good artists already have chosen to {leave shipbucket}." Not "hordes".

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 12:48 pm
bezobrazov, don't take it too hard. no need to leave or so, as you have done nothing wrong.... personally I agree with golly, 1 of each batch for each nation is enough.... but that doesn't mean your effort is invain. you draw for yourself, not for the main site IMO.

btw, I don't get why everybody is jumping on this.... this should be something between golly and bezobrazov, why are there 4-5 other members in this discussion?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 12:56 pm
Quote:
Sockpuppet? I should think not. If you wish to throw around allegations at me, kindly take the time to verify them.
Your name came up by a quite realible testimony when I investigated things back then ... And at any point don't fool yourself to think that this is some sort of court where the staff needs to get some offical verifications to our assumptions of malice. If the staff has reasons to believe something is harming the forum, then we will act accordingly with our best judgement serving as only law.

BUT If you vow soldemly by the honour of your word that it weren't you, I can leave the past where it belongs and keep it in there for the future as well. Deal?

[Profile] [Quote]
rickdog
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
well obvious troll is obvious ;)
But nah, you are just behaving a bit like an asshole in a situation where it is bit uncalled for ;) . No adm. fascism taken place here. No one will get banned or such...
I and others are trying to just solve this missfortunate mess. Hope we will succeed.
First of all, very fair post, ;)
I appreciate it, my friend, :oops:, erh.......whatever, my friend.

Actually my former post had for intentions to straighten out things a bit, in part to give bezobrazov some back-up on his work, cause I`d hate to see him go due to a simple misunderstanding, and also to try to enlighten, specially you, a bit, but according to to this last reply, I see that I also made the mistake in misjudging your call as well, which I apologize here to you now. ;)
Although it wasn`t meant to give up a bad criticism to the whole work presented here, in light of the circumstances, it really seemed like it was (bezobrazov, other members and to me, as well).
For the joy of looking at bezobrazov's work in the future, I really hope he gets the message clearer.
:D

(off-topic : although there is more smileys now, than in the former forum, these ones aren`t as expressive as the former ones we use to have before........Whatever,........at the end this forum is not about smileys, but ship drawings)
:)
(again off-topic, this guy is smiling or is he just showing his "bunny"-like teeth ?, :D )

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 1:17 pm
Dear Sirs! May I have the word - and hopefully the last one? I am afraid that this particular thread is fast becoming the most infamous one at SB! No longer shall member browsing through the various threads remember this as being the one where, supposedly very fine ships' art is posted, but rather where a whole tirade of allegations, accusitions, inflammatort speech and unseemly behavior reigns.

Gentlemen, this is not how I want this thread to be remembered!

I believe everyone is doing themselves a huge disservice by continuing it! Yes, this ought to hve been solely restricted to me and Gollevainen, and it ought to have been resolved in a different media; not here! I feel downcast now, since I believe nobody visiting this thread shall remember the actual, pertinent content, when they spot these various comments and keep on reading. Alas, the Type22s have been buried in a quagmire of dispute and dissension and malcontent. I wish for them a nobler fate...

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 1:34 pm
rickdog wrote:
snip
...and Thus I said, only Bit uncalled for ;)

ever since I was left solely on charge I've tried to take this "dictator lands down to meet the mass and listen their rebelion" approach in order to smoothen the edges around us. Sometimes "constructive" feedback is called for. Sometimes not. Sometimes it migth be even harmfull, and sometimes even dangerous...
But I've decided to allow it all, read it and reply to everyone with the meassure of the weigth of their own words. heh, Ive even trying to learn something from your feedback, so who knows someday we all migth speak the same language.

Ps. I replied to your PM bezo, and if you whish I can prune this whole thread from offtopic content

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 2:03 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Quote:
Your name came up by a quite realible testimony when I investigated things back then ... And at any point don't fool yourself to think that this is some sort of court where the staff needs to get some offical verifications to our assumptions of malice. If the staff has reasons to believe something is harming the forum, then we will act accordingly with our best judgement serving as only law.

BUT If you vow soldemly by the honour of your word that it weren't you, I can leave the past where it belongs and keep it in there for the future as well. Deal?
I have never created any "sockpuppet" accounts on this forum, nor did I claim (falsely or otherwise) "that certain old school members were leaving us".

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 2:26 pm
Ok, i trust your word then ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 3:12 pm
I have had a private corespondence with bezobrazov, and I have offered him my apology for any misunderstanding about his intentions. And I totally agree with his expressed concern that this excellent thread is becoming overun by our arguing; the argument is no longer about the diference between himself and Gollevainen, but as is inevitable, about Gollevainen as being fit to act as Administrator. bezobrazov is a brilliant artist and a nice guy, and I sincerely hope he remains amongst us, as does all of us. Gollevainen is the Administrator, and, hey! he's not Jesus Christ - what a let down - we expect perfection after all, especially when we don't have to act in his role. My suggestion is now to respect bezobrazov and delete all this discussion, so as to leave his work as testimony to his talent, but not, I hope as a memorial to it on Shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: