Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 7th, 2013, 8:58 pm
- bridge deck: has the same shape from all dutch frigate designs from the van speijk on. it is thus an schelde/damen line part, not SIGMA
- the sigma shape of the superstructure, with the 'cut' corners, is nowwhere to be found on the new design.
- it is no I-mast, it is an mast with some of the I-mast systems in it. also, one of the radar plates is on the hangar, so even the single mast you are talking off doesn't hold
- zeven provincien class is not part of the SIGMA line.
- the SIGMA is an single superstructure layout without this split superstructure
- the SIGMA line is primarely an hull design lineage. what is topside differs between customer and fitted systems
- the I-mast is 10 years newer then the SIGMA lineage, and is only added as an possibility on later SIGMA designs.

so, I still see no reasons why this ship would be coming from the SIGMA line.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 7th, 2013, 9:15 pm
Sigma with I-mast is a 2013 option, and its only on the Compact series of the sigma line.
And all Damen designs do have some things in common, look at the designs of the French shipyard they all have the same looks.

Its just Damen style

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 7th, 2013, 9:17 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
Sigma with I-mast is a 2013 option, and its only on the Compact series of the sigma line.
And all Damen designs do have some things in common, look at the designs of the French shipyard they all have the same looks.

Its just Damen style

totally correct. for example look at all those vessels build by the Norwegian Shipyard Ulstein. they area all different vessels, but have all basicly same look. but the shipyard next door...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 7th, 2013, 9:18 pm
Vossiej wrote:
In a whole, the entire model is rather inaccurate. It shows outdated weapons systems with little to no thought. Also, the navy has not made any official specifications public, so this design follows more or less the fantasy of the people who made the model.
I fully agree
Very likely only a "mockup" or "early initial study", but no more
Vossiej wrote:
And final, I don't believe the Dutch will built only two of these ships, they will built at least four. Maybe if the design would become a little bit more international it could serve as an overall M-frigate replacement (think of Chile, Belgium, Portugal,, Bremen class replacement?).
Wait & See (when you look the current dutch defense budget :? ....... :lol: .....)
Chile, Belgium, Romania, Portugal, Grece, Indonesia... (not Germany, the entire Bremen class will be replaced by only 4 type F125...).

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 7th, 2013, 9:27 pm
Vossiej wrote:
And final, I don't believe the Dutch will built only two of these ships, they will built at least four. Maybe if the design would become a little bit more international it could serve as an overall M-frigate replacement (think of Chile, Belgium, Portugal,, Bremen class replacement?).
Wait & See (when you look the current dutch defense budget :? ....... :lol: .....)
Chile, Belgium, Romania, Portugal, Grece, Indonesia... (not Germany, the entire Bremen class will be replaced by only 4 type F125...).[/quote]

Our budget will raise with 90 million per year as of 2015 ( thanks to the christian parties ), and sure there are some countries that could be intrested in this relative cheap (looking) frigate for example: Belgium, portugal, Australia?, new zealand? and if Damen designs multiple variants it will have great export potential.

The german navy will replace theire 8 Bremen ships with 4 F-125's i think also reason 1 is budget.
They will need to replace theire 4 F-123 (Brandenburg) frigates, they could also replace it with our design.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 8th, 2013, 6:32 pm
Omg, another useless discussion

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 8th, 2013, 7:28 pm
No it's not a useless discussion but your comment actually is rather useless. Lets not make oneliner meaningless offtopic remarks exspecially in the slander kind of way shall we?

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 12th, 2013, 11:15 am
My take at the M-frigate replacements:

I based the design of H.Heusers ships, as they have a very realistic future feeling to it.

[ img ]

The ship you see is a combination between the F125, FREMM General Purpose variant and LCS-ships.The ships will have much enhanced land-attack and anti-submarine capabilities. This will better suit the frigates in possible future peacekeeping and peacemaking missions. Also important are long maintenance periods. The ship has to be able to operate for up to a year away from her homeport.

Specs:
Displacement: around 7,000 tonnes
Length: around 160 m
Beam: 19 m
Draft: 5.5m
Propulsion: CODGLAG (2x Gas turbines, 2x Electric motors, 4x Diesel generators, 1x bowthruster)
Speed: 22 knots on diesel only, 33 knots max
Range: 4,000 NM (7,400km)
Complement: 90 (standard crew), 150 max

Sensors & decoys
- SHR Satcom
- ESM Surveillance
- Integrated Communication Antenna System (ICAS) (IFF/L16/VHF/UHF Antennas)
- Advanced Phased Array Radar X-band MFR
- TV&IR Surveillance
- Seamaster 400 (SMILE) S-band MFR
- Navigation radar
- Low Frequency Active Passive Sonar (LFAPS)

Electronic warfare & decoys
- TKWA/MASS (Multi Ammunition Softkill System)
- Sabre EW/ECM

Armament
1x 127mm lightweight Otobreda naval gun with guided VULCANO ammunition for land-attack missions (range: more than 100 km (62 mi))
1x 76mm Oto Melara STRALES with both conventional and guided DART ammunition (range 16 km)
2x 30mm Thales Goalkeeper CIWS
4x 12.7mm Hitrole-NT remote controlled machine gun turrets

32cell Mk-41 VLS with a combination of RUM-39C VL-ASROC and RGM-109E Tactical Tomahawk
32cell Mk-48 VLS with RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missiles

Boats & helicopters
2x NH90 Nato Frigate Helicopters equipped for SAR/ASW/ASuW
4x Thales Interceptor Autonomous Surface Vessels
2x Fast Raiding Interception and Special Forces Craft (FRISC)

Probably two or four units around 400-500 millions each. Entry of service around 2024. Life expectancy of over 30 years.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 12th, 2013, 11:23 am
- those goalkeepers are in horrible locations, with low field of fire (blocked forward by the bridge, aft by the hangar) so as they are now, I think, would be better left of.
- I don't see the dutch navy using covered anchors anytime soon. the fact that you have to be able to drop them at any moment makes that you have to put so many back up systems on the hatch that it is not even funny anymore (IIRC, only the french do things like that)
- the funnels look oversized, and are very much in the way of the seamaster radar on the mast.
- I have doubts about an M frigate replacement being so capable as this one :P it's huge and powerful!

I also think this drawing deserves an thread of its own.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Dutch Navy unveils M-frigate replacement conceptPosted: November 12th, 2013, 11:34 am
Hmm I can only comment about the Goalkeepers, they are placed on platforms that reach out of the main superstructure. That way they can cover about 340-350 degrees around the ship. If it deserves an own thread,, I'll leave that for the mods to decide ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: