Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 16  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1116 »
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: June 25th, 2012, 2:57 pm
Madscotsman wrote:
Hmm, Isn't any of the provided links of any good then?
The links are good, but they provide for them alone not enough information to draw an organization table. For example for the Field Battery, I need to know at least, how many vehicles and of what type a battery has and in which platoon and section.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: June 26th, 2012, 12:19 am
Glorfindel
Under stand your difficult in trying find a TOE for the AS-90, I do have a article from the "August 1994 Journal of the Royal Artillery" where they discuss trials and draft organisation a Field Regiment for the AS-90, it has a proposed Battery arrangement for a AS-90 that appears to be what was going to be, it seems quite logical but what they use now is a unknown

Graham

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: June 26th, 2012, 7:07 am
graham, this is quite interesting. I had already a good idea about what and how many vehicles are in a field battery. For me it seems very probable, that the war establishment of a field battery looks or looked at least very similar to what is shown in this article.

If you any other such informations about the British Army (or the Royal Marines), please post it here.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: June 28th, 2012, 2:08 am
I have put some more British TOE stuff at the link, these comes from a British Army Staff course notes from about 1988ish including a very nice “Type 57 MBT” regiment (Chieftain)
http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/graham003/

I have been also collecting lots or TOE stuff for years, FM-100 type of stuff etc so if there anything else you want please let me know

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: September 17th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Many people asked me to do the british armoured squadron. Now I managed it.

[ img ]

I must say, that the during the last 12 years the organization of the armoured squadron underwent many litte changes, but I think it is not worth to show all, so first the SHQ lost the third tank, it probably get then a spartan instead and lost it again. I think the armoured squadron today must look very similar except that the SHQ has only two tanks.
I am not 100% sure when it comes to the ranks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: September 17th, 2012, 10:44 pm
Top quality thread. Excellent detail.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: September 18th, 2012, 7:15 am
Great work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Madscotsman
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: September 18th, 2012, 8:24 pm
Glor, could I bother you for a link to a download of that pic, or to the special chally in the Fitters section?? I use british TOE's as the basis for my AU British Army?

If yes, thank you, If No, thanks anyway.

Discord - StoneMane (madscotsman)#2598

[Profile] [Quote]
Madscotsman
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: November 25th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Dunno if you are continueing, and sorry for the double post but I just found this PDF, may be usefull: http://orbat.com/site/toe/toe/uk/uk_toe.pdf

Discord - StoneMane (madscotsman)#2598

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: British Infantry OrganizationPosted: November 25th, 2012, 8:26 pm
Nice find Madscotsman.Perhaps if Glorfindel doesn't do it you could with that information do the artillery regiments. I think all the drawings are done. :idea:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 16  [ 151 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1116 »

Jump to: