Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 815 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: July 28th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Excellent.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 7th, 2014, 1:58 pm
Here I'm back, after some work and ready for a week of holiday!!!

But first let me show You the fighters of the Kingdom of Caribia Air Force (KCAF)!!!

The first line is composed by 355 fighter jets bought from the USA via FMS (the F-15K) or produced under licence in Caribia (the F-16).
The assets:
- the F-15K that is a Custom version of the F-15E Strike Eagle, in 2006 50 aircraft were delivered directly from Boeing;
- the F-16 that is present in 4 versions (5 if counted also the ex USAF F-16C Block30 used as Aggressors),
- - the F-16CK Block50 are used as main fighter in the KCAF, with Air-to-Air primary role (also capable of land attack as the real ones);
- - the F-16DK Block50 are used as OCU (Operative Conversion Unit) main jet, also the Air Test and Evaluation Squadron (RSV);
- - the F-16K Block60 is a custom variant, very close the the Israeli F-16I Sufa, is used as main attack aircraft of the KCAF, together with the F-15K;
- - the last one is the EF-16K Block60 which is an Electronic Warfare Aircraft, similar to the EA-18G Growler of the US Navy.

The numbers are:
- F-16CK : 90
- F-16DK : 35
- F-16K : 150
- EF-16K : 30
- F-15K : 50
- F-16C Agressor : 15

Those are dislocated in 7 of 12 major Air Force Base located strategically all around Caribia.

Here they are!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 7th, 2014, 2:06 pm
Spiffy! Though personally I think the shading could be a bit more contrasting than it currently is.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 7th, 2014, 5:55 pm
Nice drawings. :)
On a side note: I don't think that in reality total numbers of aircraft would be so nicely divisible by 5 and 10. They are rather divisible by 4 (as this - two pairs - is basic "building block" of combat air units). Of course it does not apply much to specialized units like AEW/ELINT/MRA, transport (particulary heavy or tanker) etc.
Therefore most typical squadron strengths for combat aircraft are: 12, 16, 18 (4x4+2), 20, 24.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 7th, 2014, 8:47 pm
Well in my imaginary organization each Squadron is composed by 3 detachment (3 x 4 jet) plus other 3 aircraft as active reserve in case of maintenance or un-predicted unavailability. Than the 1XX° Squadrons that are the fighters unites have also 3 double seat fighters for the training, utility and other reserve for the A, B and C detachments.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 7th, 2014, 9:30 pm
eswube wrote:
Nice drawings. :)
On a side note: I don't think that in reality total numbers of aircraft would be so nicely divisible by 5 and 10. They are rather divisible by 4 (as this - two pairs - is basic "building block" of combat air units). Of course it does not apply much to specialized units like AEW/ELINT/MRA, transport (particulary heavy or tanker) etc.
Therefore most typical squadron strengths for combat aircraft are: 12, 16, 18 (4x4+2), 20, 24.
They aren't but when doing ORBATs it's a lot easier to use nice multiples ;) (Especially if you start to take into account attrition losses and the like, then things just get silly).
GLACIESFIRE wrote:
Well in my imaginary organization each Squadron is composed by 3 detachment (3 x 4 jet) plus other 3 aircraft as active reserve in case of maintenance or un-predicted unavailability. Than the 1XX° Squadrons that are the fighters unites have also 3 double seat fighters for the training, utility and other reserve for the A, B and C detachments.
IIRC in a 12 aircraft squadron you generally would have 8 aircraft ready to go, two in low level servicing (500ish hour checks and servicing) and 2 in high level servicing (1000ish hour service).

I personally favour a 16 aircraft squadron, 12 single-seaters and 4 two-seaters for OCU and other duties. Leaves you (depending on X hourly checks) 10-12 aircraft on the ramp ready to go.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 7th, 2014, 11:26 pm
Awesome drawings! Any chance of an AU air weapons parts sheet?

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 8th, 2014, 7:48 am
@ Blackbuck: you are perfectly right... ;-)
But I think I will leave it like that, cause I like sharp numbers... (OCD?)

@ Trojan: is next one in the list togheter with the Aircraft Training Wing...

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 8th, 2014, 8:57 pm
An other Wing of the KCAF!!!

The 61° Wing in the Piania AFB, which is the home of the Accademia Aeronautica (Air Force Academy) of the KCAF.
The layout of the Academy is similar at the Randolph AFB (USAF), but with a third runway perpendicular at the other two.

In the Piania AFB are located 3 Wings of the Air Force Academy:
- the 61° Wing is responsible of the Basic Training with 3 squadrons each of T-260E;
- the 62° Wing is responsible of the Intermediate Training with 3 squadrons each of T-210B;
here the future pilots arrive in the 63° Wing, here the pilots are split in 2 sections:
- the 831° and 832° Squadron are responsible of the Fighter Training with the brand new T-346B, after this stage the pilots are transferred to the OCU Squadrons;
- the 841° Squadron is responsible of the Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) with the TC-180B, after this stage the pilots are transferred the Operative Squadrons for the conversion process to the assigned aircraft;

- The helicopter pilots after the T-210B are transferred to the 65° Wing in the Altia AFB for the helicopter training on the TH-119A (Coming Soon) and then to the Operative Squadrons for the conversion process to the assigned aircraft.
- The Tilt-Rotor pilots after the Basic, the Intermediate and the Helicopter training the pilots go to the MCC training and than to the Operative Squadrons for the conversion process to the assigned aircraft.

https://www.google.it/maps/place/Randol ... 067452cd30

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on August 10th, 2014, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Caribia goes in FD!!!Posted: August 9th, 2014, 2:31 pm
Sorry to nit-pick, but these numbers of trainers look bit low for an air force with some 370 combat aircraft.
Otherwise, nice work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 815 »

Jump to: