Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 48 of 50  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page « 146 47 48 49 50 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Sorry to say, this but I have no idea what's Your problem. :( Maybe You would be so kind to redo the Ae-45 to Your liking? (for my information, as I'm not planning to change anything, frankly speaking)

Standard I'm using is - one line of lighter shade along the upper edge (if rounded) and darker along the lower edge (if rounded) for planes with length below 20meters, and double line for those above 20meters.

I don't see how it become suddenly any different from the all other drawings in this thread.

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 5:51 pm
I think what he means is that you need to shade the Ae-45 to suggest a more accurate cross-section.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 6:19 pm
Here we go again. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? If you can't grok this, what I'm trying to discourage is the current slide toward nit picking over each others drawings, as 'experts'. I have to say this, there is a section of the forum that sees itself as qualified to critique every single post; fine, but it ends up being not in the spirit of Shipbucket.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 6:31 pm
@Klagldsf - if that's what Thiel meant (which in this case would most probably mean one pixel of shading along lower edge and two pixels along upper edge), then why he didn't wrote it in normal English but "upped the shading a notch"? Not that I would be keen to do anything about that, but at least I would understand what is he talking about - actually I though that he's suggesting to make it darker. Besides, I believe that Shipbucket, including FD-scale section, uses certain stylistical conventions, not "more accurate cross-sections"... otherwise we would have to start with lots of reworking of shading/coloring of underwater hulls of many SB-scale ships... :P

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 6:36 pm
Eswube,

That is exactly what Thiel meant, although I am certain he was not trying to mess with you in any way, some of us have a better command of the English language than others, let's remember that. For the convenience of our brother artists who do not have a grasp of finite phrases, let us adhere to the K.I.S (Keep It Simple) principle.

As to the Shading of Vehicles and Aircraft, Let's try to keep it as real as possible, yet following standards already set.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 6:50 pm
@Nighthunter - while it may be hard to believe, my grasp of English is actually much better in verbal communication (I noticed I'm making lots of errors during writing, because I'm starting to "think" too much :lol: - not mentioning typos). Problem is, that with idiomatic expressions, until You know that particular one, there's often very little that could help You with finding out "what the author had in mind". :/

Btw. after closer inspection of photographs of Ae-45 on Airliners, I'm inclined to say, that the cross-section of it's fuselage in the rear part (between the wings and tail - which is the only part where making difference between upper and lower edge would be workable) seems to be near-oval anyway.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 6:54 pm
Eswube,

My examination of the Ae-45 shows a more circular upper fuselage towards the cockpit, similar in angle to a B-29 (which I might add, no one has done yet, surprisingly). I would suggest that for that area, a 2 pixel shading of said aircraft in that area.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 8:03 pm
Updated. May need to refersh, though.
And honestly, I don't like it.

Btw. This thread is nearing to an end (and opening FD Scale Aircraft 4), isn't it?

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Aye, it is getting close to the 50 Page Mark. New thread will be opened once we hit that mark though, lol.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 3Posted: February 11th, 2013, 9:46 pm
Anywho, back to our regularly scheduled Programing, of a sort, lol:

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 48 of 50  [ 491 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 146 47 48 49 50 »

Jump to: