Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 740 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:17 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
You say that until an Fw-190 or contemporary with heavy cannon armament gets behind you in your rather large blind spot and screws you sideways with 20mm and possibly 30mm fire. No matter how rugged the Jug is/was it's not going to take many 20/30mm hits to make it fall out of the sky.
I was waiting for someone say that ... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0WQV-f-dV8

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:19 pm
Seen it. It's one aircraft. If they were all like that they'd never have lost a single P-47 which of course they did. Alas I digress as I wish to see more drawings...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:28 pm
If one survive that level of punishment ... others P-47 also can survive. They fly back home when other planes just disintegrate, I like that idea that enemy need to work rly hard to shoot you down. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 10:15 am
And now the Mk.3:

[ img ]
[ img ]

As you can see I've gone with the more power and better visibility side of the survivability argument (Plus I think bubble canopies look awesome) 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 10:45 am
Not normally a fan of bubble-top planes but those look nice. Maybe it's the tail but the balance is set nicely through its area.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 11:49 am
I really like it! Truly ellegant development line.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 12:12 pm
I'm also not fan of bubble but this is a rly good job Rowdy36, thought-out and balanced design.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 5:26 pm
Rowdy, Awesome work on the Mk.3! The RDCAF will definitely use them, late war and post war.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 6:10 pm
One thing I've noticed is that with the Griffon 85 being an option surely a contra-prop would make a great deal of sense to use? Especially from a torque induced roll reduction point of view?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 24th, 2012, 4:22 am
Thanks for the feedback everyone!
@Nighthunter - I'll draw some RDCAF variants up for you when I do the export versions :)
@Blackbuck - I've had a look at some aircraft of similar power and era and some have a contra-prop and some don't, but there is a lot of sense in the suggestion. I'll have a go at drawing one up but I'm thinking at this stage it will probably stay as a prototype for a cancelled improved version rather than reach full-time squadrons.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 740 »

Jump to: