Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 40 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4251 »
Morten812
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 2:51 pm
Radome wrote:
Awesome!
Any chance of seeing the VH-60 Whitehawk "Marine One"?
And the other 50+ Versions of Blackhawk/Seahawk.... :lol:

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

Last edited by Morten812 on February 3rd, 2014, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 3:58 pm
Quote:
What I did stands; so feel free to not upload it as I'm not going to bother with the inadequate, simplistic, dated SB metal sheen technique again. I feel that strongly about it.
I don't think you "get" that this is not a format for "illustrating" things; if you want that, fire up Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator and start drawing vector stuff. This style, scale, and drawing format will never give you what you want (which is seemingly to be a photo-realistic interpretation of the aircraft or ship in question).

SB and FD have always been simplistic (as you say) methods for showing vehicles at a common scale and style for easy comparison and identification. The style is simplistic so it can be modular and apply to as many drawings as possible. Adding new, complicated shading doesn't further our own goal of drawing as many vehicles as possible.

[Profile]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 5:49 pm
Simple but effective
http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Mi ... ia%201.png

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 6:47 pm
Alvama did do a great job on that Tupolev.

[Profile]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 10:33 pm
Meanwhile...

[ img ]

Northrop YF-17 'Cobra'

More versions will follow shortly...

Last edited by jabba on February 4th, 2014, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 4th, 2014, 8:23 am
Great work! :)

[Profile]
tac197
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 4th, 2014, 10:36 am
Hi Nighthunter, Sorry to trouble your guys, I am really new to this forum and have been trying to use the search function....that why in desperation I asked. Truly thanks you for the advice and I will have to keep working at it.

DarthPanda, thanks for the black hawk, and thankyou you for doing the British and Bundeswehr armour series they are fantastic.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 4th, 2014, 1:59 pm
CraigH,
Looking at it again I think it has prospects. The blue represents the reflection of the sky and the yellowish-concrete colours at the bottom the ground. That makes sense. Of course if one was to be pedantic you could say, that's a pristine factory finish and a service-aircraft on a cloudy day sitting on a muddy MSP apron the reflections would be totally different shades. ;)
My gut feeling is that its perhaps a little 'bright' in the blues, but I think the effect does work. It's not strict SB style but things evolve (originally we didn't have any surface shades, only overhangs). Perhaps we need to experiment a little more with these ideas and see if this allows a good option for those that want a good NMF. Have you tried it on a smaller airframe (say P-51) to see how it looks?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 4th, 2014, 2:51 pm
Hood,

Take a look at the MK 13 torpedo under the Midway B-26. That's what sparked the idea.
http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/craig ... 1.png.html
IF this get's explored (or any ideas like this) maybe it should be on a dedicated thread for Blasphemy and Technique Experiments. That way Threads like this don't get cluttered with extra commentary.

Off to work.
CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 4th, 2014, 2:51 pm
People who seems to be dissapointed SB as "restrictive" should really try out all the myriad variations that the rather simple shading and shaddowing rules allow each individual artist to mess around with. I've said these words a million times now, and partially its my responsibility to say them again:

SB and FD scale rules allows wonderfull renditions of round shapes in natural metal color. Alavama's example is just one version of the ways the natural metal can be brougth into good use, and there are more ways too...all perfectly allied to the actuall rules. The begining idea of gradient shading is just too crude and horrible to be applied into rather simple Pixel art, and all the instances its been tried (And trust me, its been tried lot, even before most of you ever knew about SB :roll: )...and the end result has always been hiddeous. Only sophisticated drawing tools and actuall digital painting can produce the level of gradient differences that would actually look appeasing...but then you are so faraway from the pixel art idea of SB that even superficial attempt it to be reproduced in MSpaint level technics becomes pretentious and false.
Thats why the entire idea of SB style shading has always allowed only bilateral shading between two tones.. be them what ever color.

Offcourse there is always the backdoor option...in form of, If you don't like it, take it and leave us then. Internet is wide and open for everyone to express themselves as much they want. Me and propably everyone else of the SB artists here don't like that much of the idea of using our own forum to bash against the style itself. That sort of talk has its place, but its not in here.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 40 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4251 »

Jump to: