Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 39 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4151 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 8:10 am
CraigH, nice work on the metallic sheen, but we still have standards. And while that is an awesome job, it goes above and beyond the standards that were set. It won't be uploaded, but if you did the standard Metallic it will get uploaded. Again, you did a great job on it.

Tac197, have you tried the search function? We have a S-70 but no Blackhawks yet. And, yes, we do have the MRH-90 somewhere.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 9:08 am
klagldsf wrote:
They wouldn't because unlike the 707-(17*)-27-37 series there's almost zero structural commonality between the DC-8 and DC-9 other than hydraulic systems, etc.
I know that about the planes themselves, but I thought that perhaps drawings of cockpit windows could fit (I made a rough comparison before and they were very close), therefore I asked.

@Jabba
And if we're at it - maybe You'd consider making that "inverted 8" fuselage shape more clearly visible by doing something similar to what I did on DC-9? (sorry for such shameless promotion of my own work :lol: )

Also, are You planning to do French Air Force DC-8? If not, then I could be interested. Also one DC-8 was chartered in late 80s by PLL LOT, so although I wasn't doing any chartered a/c of that airline, I could think about making an exception (assuming I find enough sources for paint scheme).

[Profile]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 9:42 am
eswube wrote:
@Jabba
And if we're at it - maybe You'd consider making that "inverted 8" fuselage shape more clearly visible by doing something similar to what I did on DC-9? (sorry for such shameless promotion of my own work :lol: )

Also, are You planning to do French Air Force DC-8? If not, then I could be interested. Also one DC-8 was chartered in late 80s by PLL LOT, so although I wasn't doing any chartered a/c of that airline, I could think about making an exception (assuming I find enough sources for paint scheme).
I know exactly what you mean! I have considered it (and did experiment with some shading), but I think the subtlety of the 'crease' in the fuselage is not easily represented with the shading we use here. I might do some examples and post them for group approval.

I had not even considered the similarity of the DC-9 cockpit construction. I wouldn't worry about the self-promotion of your DC-9s, they are very good drawings! Have you started on any of the MD models yet?

Please feel free to do your own paint schemes mentioned above. I was only considering doing one scheme for each model, if that. I'll make sure not to draw any ALA or Lot schemes, just let me know if you are doing any others to avoid duplication.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 10:37 am
Yeah, SB/FD style has it's limitations that appear in situations like this one. I guess that what I did (also on double-deck VC.10) is reasonably good solution, but certainly it's not perfect.
Well, no MD's yet. I'm afraid they aren't high on my priority list and wouldn't mind if someone do them faster. :)

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:06 pm
Sikorsy S-70 Black Hawk - Hong Kong
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:25 pm
Ok, help me decide how to do the shading on the DC-8 fuselage! Bear in mind that when coloured in real paint schemes the contrast will probably not be as obvious. If you think you can do better, please have a go!

For those not in the know, here are some pics of the 'crease' in the DC-8 fuselage:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile]
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:30 pm
Awesome!
Any chance of seeing the VH-60 Whitehawk "Marine One"?

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:53 pm
Jabba,
I would go with E or as a second choice possibly C.
Anyhow, nice work so far on the DC-8.

Great work guys, all these look good.
I agree CraigH's metallic finish is highly non-standard but its good to see these experiments. One day we might crack it and find something that is easy enough for everyone to apply and looks good too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 1:52 pm
I follow Hood's choice, E and C

[Profile]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 2:11 pm
nighthunter wrote:
CraigH, nice work on the metallic sheen, but we still have standards. And while that is an awesome job, it goes above and beyond the standards that were set. It won't be uploaded, but if you did the standard Metallic it will get uploaded. Again, you did a great job on it.
Nighthunter,
Thanks for the complement!

After drawing that B-36 a few weeks ago I found that the standard for metallic sheen was wanting, and simply didn't present a good simulation of a metallic surface. See:http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =20&t=4779

So...I came up with the B-26 as an experiment to see what could be done easily in MS Paint without violating the hate-on SB has for "graded shading". It's simple enough anyone could do it by design. See page 38 on this Thread.

Just add a couple blue swaths of color and appropriately contrasting panel lines. It's less complex than most of the camo paint-jobs on this site that get uploaded.

Took the time to redo the artwork in the SB Standard. Yuck! I didn't bother to save the work as it represents a big step backwards artistically.

What I did stands; so feel free to not upload it as I'm not going to bother with the inadequate, simplistic, dated SB metal sheen technique again. I feel that strongly about it.

With respect,
CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 39 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4151 »

Jump to: