Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 30 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3251 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 14th, 2013, 7:40 am
So here's more of stuff I'm currently trying to finish, and that's WiP for too long time. :)
And also final part of An-24 family.

In 1966 work commenced on aerial photogrammetry version of An-24, resulting in An-24FK designed by Beriev's bureau. After further refinements a specialized version, designated An-30, with heavily modified forward fuselage, entered production in 1971. It had several versions - An-30A and An-30B are merely designations of civil and military planes respectively, An-30D Sibirak is a long range plane with additional fuel tanks permamently attached to the sides of the fuselage, An-30M is "meteorological protection" aircraft equipped with dispenser for mix of carbon dioxide (dry ice) and silver iodide used to provoke rainfall (which can be used either to avert danger of heavy hail, or to ensure that weather will be fine on such occasions as Labor Day or Victory Day), An-30R is NBC reconnaissance aircraft and there are also some specialized laboratories. An-30 has been exported do a number of countries, with equipment set depending on buyers wishes.

[ img ]
[ img ]

Indian Air Force was greatly interested with An-26 in the 1970s, but operational tests proved that it's "hot-and-high" performance was far below their expectations. Therefore a special version with new engines was created as An-32 and first flown in 1976. It was also exported to some other countries and was basis for several testbeds.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Shortly before Sino-Soviet split of early 1960s People's Republic of China bought license for An-24, to be produced as Y-7. Consequences of Great Cultural Revolution delayed greatly whole process and first An-24 assembled in China took off only in 1970 and actual production of Y-7 started as late as 1977.
Y-7-100 - 1984 modification with Western avionics and winglets,
Y-7-200 - 1990s modification with Western avionics and engines, but without winglets,
Y-7H (initially designated Y-14) - unlicensed copy of An-26,
MA-60 - significant redesign, with Western avionics and engines, stretched fuselage with new nose section.
Y-7 is also basis for some specialized versions and testbeds, like HYJ-7 flying classroom for bomber crews.
Recently photographs emerged of a plane designated JZY-01, which apparently is Chinese attempt to create E-2 Hawkeye-like aircraft for their future aircraft carriers. Materials are scarce, however, so it's unclear wether it's merely a testbed of certain elements (like radar or tail arrangement), or a actual prototype of a series. I hoped to draw it too, but this scarcity of sources combined with deep modifications to the aiframe made me shelve that idea for now.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 14th, 2013, 9:10 am
Excellent work! There was an MPA version of the MA-60 planned too some years back. I remember seeing a picture of a model in Flight International with a bulbous nose radar and underwing hardpoints.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 14th, 2013, 9:32 am
Awesome work.

[Profile]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 14th, 2013, 11:04 am
@eswube : All credits goes to you, you should change the template.
Congratulations, my friend, great skill.

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 14th, 2013, 2:33 pm
Thank You all for kind words! :)
Cplnew83 wrote:
All credits goes to you, you should change the template.
Certainly not. Your basic drawing was and remains fundamentally crucial, so credits will stay that way. :)

And I'm still looking forward to see Your (certainly excellent) An-30.

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 17th, 2013, 3:53 pm
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 17th, 2013, 4:39 pm
AlvamaDarthaPandamazing! :lol:

[Profile]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 18th, 2013, 9:36 am
denodon wrote:
Awesome work Squizzy. I fly both of those in FSX and they're great aircraft. I've been thinking of repainting to do the later Ansett scheme with the Red A logo but have been too busy with other textures to do it.
Thanks Denodon! Since you mentioned the Ansett Cargo Converted Electras Sort I surprise you with 2 more Mate.
[ img ]
Ansett Air Cargo
[ img ]
Ansett Air Freight

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile]
denodon
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Awesome work indeed and a nice surprise. My neighbour used to work for them as a mechanic including on the Electras before they were retired when he converted to the BAe-146s. My only experiences with Ansett were as a passenger before they went bust and I always liked their service. That and the final Starmark livery was very smart. Such a shame they went under due to poor management decisions.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 18th, 2013, 2:02 pm
Nice additions. :)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 30 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3251 »

Jump to: