Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 20 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2240 »
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 15th, 2013, 10:19 pm
It's really cool to see the way the Phantom has evolved from earlier Recherche tanks. I bet it would've been a nasty opponent for anything the Koreans or Chinese could throw at it during the war.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 16th, 2013, 3:21 pm
I figure being a smaller island nation like Lisenia, Recherche developments in tank/aircraft design would be an evolutionary process rather than revolutionary so I try to include as many cues to other designs as much as possible. Plus I think it's cool too 8-) :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 17th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Great tanks, they look perfect. This is really one nice AU thread.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 18th, 2013, 8:37 am
Rowdy, I've been enjoying your Phantom --- 8-)

[ img ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 18th, 2013, 10:08 am
Thanks Hood :)
Nice one BCRenown! American inspired turret? I like the commander sticking out of the hatch. You know it's funny you should put jerry cans on the side of the turret because I've already drawn the Phantom's replacement and it too has jerry cans stowed there, so it's a nice tie-in :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 18th, 2013, 10:22 am
Thanks Rowdy. The turret was inspired by that of my favourite tank - the M 41 Walker Bulldog - and the jerry cans and blast bag came from Darth Panda's drawing of that particular tank. When can we expect to see the Phalanx?

NB: the gun elevation was achieved by rotating a copy of the image by 20 degrees (Adobe Photoshop) then pasting the gun to the original horizontal image.

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 18th, 2013, 2:20 pm
The Phalanx is the predecessor to this tank and can be found here: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 5&start=60 but the Puma tank that replaces this one will be coming soon hopefully :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 18th, 2013, 5:13 pm
You've added some nice anti-aliasing artifacts on those gun barrels. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 19th, 2013, 3:08 pm
Colosseum, my enhancements of Rowdy's drawings were never meant to encroach on his AU or the well-being of Shipbucket. It's just that I particularly like Rowdy's tastes with regard to his planes and tanks.

Now that I have a better understanding of how Shipbucket works and what it was designed for, I appreciate it all the more. Thanks mate - your USS Alaska drawings are first class.

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 10:00 am
Here are the post-war variations of the Hale Firebolt:

The Hale Seabreeze
[ img ]

[ img ]

The Hale Trident
[ img ]

[ img ]

Soon to come will be the Phantom tank's replacement and a 1st generation jet fighter...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 20 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2240 »

Jump to: