Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2151 »
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 2nd, 2020, 4:38 pm
@Brian2170, I don't know about Ukraineball, but I have those on my to do list eventually. Unless someone else gets to them first.

Work List:
Eastern Air Lines Fleet History
Around the world challenge
US Attack Aircraft History

[Profile] [Quote]
Brian2170
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 3rd, 2020, 2:44 am
orionfield wrote: *
@Brian2170, I don't know about Ukraineball, but I have those on my to do list eventually. Unless someone else gets to them first.
OK, thanks. (Hopefully the United DC-10s are also on your worklist...)

Last edited by Brian2170 on October 14th, 2020, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 3rd, 2020, 8:49 am
Nice additions from everyone.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 3rd, 2020, 9:56 pm
Hong Kong - Douglas DC-4
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 3rd, 2020, 10:27 pm
The RAF's first Victoria Cross recipients of WWII

[ img ]

Flying Officer Donald Garland was to lead 3 aircraft against the Veldwezelt Bridge in a low level attack. Sgt Tom Gray was the Observer/Navigator on Fairey Battle P2204 PH-K, piloted by F/O Donald Garland with LAC Lawrence Reynolds as rear gunner.
They flew below the cloud base at 1000 feet and on reaching the Veldwezelt area started a shallow bombing run. There were estimated to be some 300 guns entrenched in a defensive ring around the bridge, and the aircraft was blasted into the ground. It reportedly come down near Lanaken, Limburg, on the Maastricht side of the Belgian/Netherlands border (at approximate Coordinates: 50°53′N 05°39′E).
When the smoke cleared it was seen that the western end of the bridge was shattered, and evidence suggested the damage was caused by Garland and Gray's cool attack. It had been Gray's first operational bombing raid.
Flying Officer Garland and Sergeant Gray were both posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross. The citation in "The London Gazette," for 11th June, 1940, gives the following details
"Flying Officer Garland was the pilot and Sergeant Gray the observer of the leading machine of a formation of five aircraft that were ordered to destroy at all costs a bridge over the Albert Canal which had not been demolished by the land forces and was allowing the Germans to advance into Belgium. In spite of very heavy defence of the area surrounding the bridge, the formation made a successful dive-bombing attack from the lowest practicable altitude, after releasing their bombs they were attacked by a large number of enemy fighters. Only one aircraft of the five returned to its base. Much of the success of the operation must be attributed to the formation leader, Flying Officer Garland, and to the coolness and resource of Sergeant Gray, who navigated the leading aircraft under most difficult conditions in such a manner that the whole formation, although it subsequently suffered heavy losses, was able successfully to attack the target".
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/226662

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 8th, 2020, 12:01 am
Here's a couple more that I have been working on.

Eastern Express Saab 340
[ img ]

And since I started working on the Space Shuttle Carrier 747, I decided to do the American Air Lines 747s, since I was most of the way there.

American Airlines Boeing 747
[ img ]

Work List:

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 8th, 2020, 7:59 pm
Airbus A350 Users
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
The_Sprinklez
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 8th, 2020, 8:08 pm
My personal favorite Cessna aircraft of all time and the aircraft I'll likely purchase after graduating college, the Cessna 177 Cardinal.

[ img ]

Im Schatten des Adlers - An Alternate History Timeline: http://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php/Ca ... des_Adlers

Last edited by The_Sprinklez on October 9th, 2020, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 8th, 2020, 9:22 pm
orionfield wrote: *
Here's a couple more that I have been working on.

Eastern Express Saab 340
[ img ]

And since I started working on the Space Shuttle Carrier 747, I decided to do the American Air Lines 747s, since I was most of the way there.

American Airlines Boeing 747
[ img ]
The AA logo is really pixelated and does not read very well... why are you using such large blocks to represent it? I think eswube had given you many, many examples of how to do these logos correctly?

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: October 8th, 2020, 11:38 pm
Thanks for the note, I'll go back and fix it right away. That got past me when I was cleaning it up.

Work List:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2151 »

Jump to: