Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1540 »
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 19th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Thanks again guys :)

Now that exams are finally over I can do some more drawing, starting with the Hale Galestorm Mk.1:

[ img ]

[ img ]

By the way if anyone has any good suggestions for names of potential future aircraft I'm all ears. With Hawker stealing most of the good ones I'm finding it harder and harder to come up interesting names...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 19th, 2013, 4:30 pm
Wow! Another great design! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 4:58 am
Thanks eswube :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 5:36 am
Not bad, not bad at all. It has that Martin look.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 7:25 am
Very interesting design, a cross of the Martin Maryland and Bristol Beaufort if you ask me. Does have a nice character to her though. If you ever find the time could I perhaps persuade you into drawing a type or two very similar?

As for names, what kind of names are you looking for?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 7:39 am

Sure denodon, just let me know what you're looking for and I'll give it a go. For the names I've been trying to stick to a weather theme so far, but I might have to look at other options.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 7:54 am
Alright, I'll let you know.

Well if you're doing weather you could possibly expand to include atmospheric conditions or even something nautical related. I tend to name aircraft after their role or resemblance in looks or function to an animal.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 10:24 am
Looks really good, a super-Blemhiem, a bit like the Wisley (aka Blenhiem V).

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 12:36 pm
What a familiar feeling aircraft. Minor nitpicks from me would be using 12.7s in such confined spaces such as the nose and ventral hatch, a 1919 or similar rifle calibre weapon might be more applicable. Otherwise a fine drawing! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Thank you for the kind words :)

I did a bit more research and switched to M1919s for those positions as per your suggestion Blackbuck. I knew there was a size difference between the two but I didn't realise how massive the difference was :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1540 »

Jump to: