Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1550 »
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 10th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Looks better with the turret. But still nice looking.

Last edited by Tounushifan on July 10th, 2013, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 10th, 2013, 6:39 pm
Nice Rowdy, very nice!

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 11th, 2013, 2:24 am
Other than the complete lack of armament it'd have in that configuration I like it. I've always found the Defiant to be one of my favourite aircraft of the period, that unmistakable outline it had with that big turret and of course the great wartime name associated with it. WS-Clave on DA produced a nice drawing of a 'super-Defiant' which I've always liked;

[ img ]

[ img ]

It's not based on any real plans as far as I am aware but it does look nice and certainly with a more powerful engine and having forward firing armament would have made it a bit more useful in combat roles.

Engine: Rolls-Royce Griffon 61.
Radar: Airborne Intercept Mk 2
Max speed: 380mph
Forward Armament: 4 x 20mm Hispano cannon
Turret: 4 x 0.5 inch Browning machine guns

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 11th, 2013, 8:39 am
Great work Rowdy, it looks better than the real single-seat P.94 that was mocked up as an emergency fighter.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 11th, 2013, 6:03 pm
Rowdy36 wrote:
I've always been curious as to what the Boulton Paul Defiant might have looked like as a single seat fighter:

[ img ]
Well, it looks good to me.
But for Denodons message,I'd like to ask reason for curvy light bottom camo in "Super-Defiant-Finland"? I've seen the same in our Hawks earlier?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 11th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Interesting experiment. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 12th, 2013, 1:01 am
The wavy division between lower and upper camouflage patterns was not unique to the Finnish Air Force at the time. The USAAF also used it on their transports for some time and I'm fairly certain RAF bombers also used it before the switch to majority night bombing. Other air forces may have done the same (I know the Soviets did) but can't think of others off the top of my head.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 13th, 2013, 1:11 pm
This is the M9 Scott medium tank. It was developed as a response to the Panther. The development started when the Allies recieved intelligence reports that Germany was developing a new medium tank that featured sloped armor on a large scale and a new very long 75 mm gun. The M9 featured sloped armor, and a very long 76mm gun. The hull does resemble the M10 Wolverine somewhat. The tank was nicknamed "Scott" by the British. The tank is roughly on par with the Panther.

[ img ]

After learning about tanks such as the E-75, E-100 and Maus, the DoD decided that the T29, T34 and T30 under development were not adequate to face these new tanks. Specifications were laid down for a new heavy tank, the T38. Using a bigger hull than the T29. The turret was bigger. A longer version of the 155mm gun from the T30 was mounted. The hull featured sloped armor on the front, the sides and the rear. The tank weighted nearly 85 tons when development stopped when the war ended. Five prototypes were made.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 17th, 2013, 10:00 pm
I`ve been working on a tank for Germany. It is called the Puma. It is in a way a stop gap between the E-50 and the first prototype for the Leopard 1.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: July 18th, 2013, 9:04 am
Nice work Karle and Darth! Some very plausible designs and the Puma looks an interesting step in the evolution towards the Leopard.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1550 »

Jump to: