Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Greenwood
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 27th, 2024, 11:37 am
By the way, I forgot the small 777 cargo fleet :) .

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 27th, 2024, 12:35 pm
:lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
danricco
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 27th, 2024, 7:32 pm
Hood wrote: *
Slightly crazy perhaps but an interesting project.

I think if you had kept it to just showing interesting examples of the different colour schemes for each aircraft type it would have been sufficient rather than doing each individual aircraft.

I can appreciate the time and effort you must have put into this though.
I agree with Hood, maybe calling it spam is too harsh. But I need to say that, if don't even had the patience to see every variant, imagine doing it.

But I liked to see how each design progressed, like the beautiful retro livery of Air France, or the aesthetical crimes committed by some airlines, like the changing of Air Canada or the changing of the bright, coloful green livery for a utterly boring one by S7.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 28th, 2024, 9:04 am
I wanted to do the upload of new FD-scale works to the Archive, but in case of this series I'm afraid I'm not going to upload it as-is.

1) because adding so many entries differing only with registration numbers would be against the idea the archive is based on (in SB scale drawings differing only with name painted on hull are not included anyway - or at least we try to not include them, as I believe that several has slipped under the radar);

2) because (due to ownership issues etc., I believe) many NON-French aircraft are included (Alitalia, TAP and whatnot - with NON-French registrations, so they should be either separated or marked as "various users" instead of "France".

3) because some of these sheets are actually too big to be uploaded (there is a ceiling file size in the Archive).

I'll EVENTUALLY do the condensed versions of these (meaning like "one example of each paint scheme for each variant etc. etc.") - but don't know when, as it's just too depressing to even think of (I have few days off, and that's precisely the reason why I will NOT do it now). :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 28th, 2024, 9:15 am
Quote:
2) because (due to ownership issues etc., I believe) many NON-French aircraft are included (Alitalia, TAP and whatnot - with NON-French registrations, so they should be either separated or marked as "various users" instead of "France".
I think some of those can be sorted by countries (if the said countries have multiple airlines featured in the drawing; e.g. Italy and Ukraine).

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 28th, 2024, 9:38 am
Yes, that's how it will be done. Later.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 28th, 2024, 9:40 am
Roger that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Greenwood
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 28th, 2024, 12:28 pm
eswube wrote: *
I wanted to do the upload of new FD-scale works to the Archive, but in case of this series I'm afraid I'm not going to upload it as-is.

1) because adding so many entries differing only with registration numbers would be against the idea the archive is based on (in SB scale drawings differing only with name painted on hull are not included anyway - or at least we try to not include them, as I believe that several has slipped under the radar);

3) because some of these sheets are actually too big to be uploaded (there is a ceiling file size in the Archive).

I'll EVENTUALLY do the condensed versions of these (meaning like "one example of each paint scheme for each variant etc. etc.") - but don't know when, as it's just too depressing to even think of (I have few days off, and that's precisely the reason why I will NOT do it now). :P
Of course, my intent was not to see every single aircraft added to the archive !

Do you want me to do a simplified version titled, as an example, "Various users, Airbus A320", and list a single aircraft per company or sinificant livery?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 28th, 2024, 3:13 pm
I would greatly appreciate it.

Just for clarity - the way entries for archive are sorted is as follows:
if there are, for example, 14 planes of given type drawn, of which 10 are French, 2 Dutch, 1 Italian and 1 Portuguese, they ought to be split into 3 sheets - French (10), Dutch (2), Italian+Portuguese (1+1 in the archive named "various users").
Of course, even if You would just make a sheets with redundant examples omitted but otherwise "mixed" country-wise, it would be still big help.

[Profile] [Quote]
Greenwood
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 31st, 2024, 9:09 pm
Something like this, for example ?

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by Greenwood on June 6th, 2024, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: