Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 30 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3240 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 18th, 2014, 8:11 pm
Well, as long as we inspired you, you inspired me. Got a few Allied nations interested in the Firebolt/Firestorm family. I'll post them in AU.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 19th, 2014, 11:20 am
One for BCRenown:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 19th, 2014, 6:08 pm
Nice work, its a pity all modern stealthy aircraft look the same these days, buts its nicely drawn work as usual.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2014, 5:44 am
Fantastic job guys!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2014, 11:05 am
Nice one Rowdy and a big thank you too. As soon as my order for Furies is filled I'll be sending a note for Firebolts. Just have to check and see how much Monopoly money I have left. :lol:

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: June 20th, 2014, 2:50 pm
Nice additions. :)
And I share Hood's sentiments about look of modern stealth aircraft. :( ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 7:01 am
Some ground vehicles I've been working on, this family makes up the bulk of the Recherche Army armoured vehicle fleet:

[ img ]
Top to bottom, left to right:
Scout/Light infantry support vehicle: 35mm main gun, 2 x TOW launchers (either side of the turret) and a 7.62mm coax.
Anti-aircraft/Anti-armour vehicle: Turret similar to the Avenger, equipped with Starstreak or TOW box launchers with 12.7mm machine guns below them. The box launchers can be switched out for rocket packs, 25mm guns or a number of other missiles.
Infantry support tank: 105mm L7 gun, 7.62mm coax and 12.7mm AA mg.
Self-propelled gun: 105mm L19 gun/howitzer.
Mortar vehicle: Twin 120mm mortars in an AMOS turret.

[ img ]
Top to bottom, left to right:
Command vehicle,
Logistics vehicle,
APC: 12.7mm machine gun in a remote weapon system and up to 10 dismounts (normally just 8).
Ambulance vehicle.

I'm still not entirely sure where some of these vehicles fit into the force structure yet, but that will be figured out eventually...

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 10:26 am
VERY nice Rowdy :)

Well done matey :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 2:01 pm
They look good, Rowdy.

Infantry support tank? I thought that concept died out with the creation of the MBT? If it is light enough it could be an Airborne Infantry Support Tank?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 2:30 pm
Thanks guys :)

Ideally the mechanised forces will always be operating with MBTs, especially since Recherche probably won't be using an IFV in the traditional sense (lacking an autocannon), but my thinking with the Infantry Support Tank is to support lighter forces (light infantry, airborne/air-mobile, marines). Particularly when deployed into areas that lack infrastructure capable of handling a 60t vehicle, and providing fire support in a similar manner to the Stryker MGS with the ability to tackle anything short of a modern MBT. The name is simply to distinguish it from MBTs and hopefully avoid it being used in tank on tank combat. I'm still working on weights and armour levels, though I'm thinking maybe about 25 tonnes at the base armour level? So it won't be C-130 portable but could be carried in the A400M and C-17.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 30 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 128 29 30 31 3240 »

Jump to: