Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1135 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 26th, 2010, 5:06 am
Oh, I'm in agreement that some of the parts needed updating, and that always does make stuff look better, but I've gotten the feeling lately that this place is "running in place" so to speak... ie, just drawing aircraft, FD-scale, and nitpicking parts rather than focusing on actual drawings.

Don't even get on me about this, because people always complain about that and I'm certainly not the first.

trololo

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 26th, 2010, 9:26 am
ah, you should follow the real life section lot more then ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 29th, 2010, 7:53 am
My worklist

Hellenian Kingdom AU

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 29th, 2010, 10:59 am
Wrong thread... Work-list thread is in General Discussion

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 6th, 2011, 12:10 am
Another two guns that needs to be added to the post war chart.
Attachment:
Canon de 100mm.png
The French 100 gun creatively named the Canon de 100mm
This is the traditional shield, used on modèle 53 and 68 and not the stealthy version found on the modèle 100 TR
Attachment:
Italian 76mm gun.png
I haven't been able to figure out what this gun was called.
It's Italian and from the early to mid fifties and was used on the Albatros Class frigates.
From the description, the loading mechanism seems to be a crude/early version of the later OTO guns.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 6th, 2011, 9:26 am
Nice additions...Ace, hows the chart coming up?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 6th, 2011, 9:33 am
Gollevainen wrote:
Ace, hows the chart coming up?
slowly, as I am quite busy right now.... but bit by bit I am making it smaller and sorting it all out. I am also adding company names on it in blocks, so it can be removed from the names of the guns. the hard part is that I can't find intel like that on the russian and french and some of the british ones.....

the oto melara part is almost complete (1 or 2 to do yet), other then that I have no idea what still should be done, I am missing the expertise on that.... but I will post an first version of the real sheet this weekend most likely.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 6th, 2011, 9:42 am
Just leave the Russian ones out and use the Navy designations. There weren't "companies" in sosialistic system per se. Just factories and design bureys. Also, in overall, caliber and type (as well as year of introduction) serves lot more than other trivia...But as the space constrains, we cannot add huge walls of text to them.
Is the navweaps familiar to you?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 6th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Another weapon that I haven't been able to identify.
Attachment:
French 305mm ASW Mortar.png
It's a 305mm ASW mortar and I believe it's of French origins.
As far as I've been able to find out, it has only been used on my current project, the D609 Aconit.
I've thought about using a dark grey rather than black for the outline of the bolted on panels on the loader, but I can't decide, so I'd like to have some input on that.
Btw, are we making a separate ASW sheet?

It should also be added that I haven't drawn the 76mm Italian gun. All credits goes to Alvama and his drawing of the Albatros class.

And another thing, I'd prefer if the guns were sorted according to calibre and age rather than company.
Example:
76mm gun from 1949
76mm gun from 1955
100mm gun from 1950
etc
etc.

Adding country of origin and/or users would be useful, but only if there's enough space left on the sheet.
Also, then to fifteen pixels should be plenty whitespace between the drawings.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 7th, 2011, 7:26 am
Thiel wrote:
Another weapon that I haven't been able to identify.
Attachment:
French 305mm ASW Mortar.png
It's a 305mm ASW mortar and I believe it's of French origins.
As far as I've been able to find out, it has only been used on my current project, the D609 Aconit.
I've thought about using a dark grey rather than black for the outline of the bolted on panels on the loader, but I can't decide, so I'd like to have some input on that.
Btw, are we making a separate ASW sheet?
This weapon system was a four barrelled mortat, the bombs being loaded tail-first from the 'glacis' in front. It was intended as two-role weapon, ASW and shore-bombardement. It was installed on the Aconit, the La Galissonnière, and Commandant Riviere class (Yet to be done by me)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1135 »

Jump to: