Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 25 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 123 24 25 26 2735 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 12:38 pm
Quote:
Russian 37mm 70-K is overscaled (as an example).
yes, it and basicly all the bofors 40mm are the worst kind of the bunch and it doesen't help that there are lot of scaling errors in the reference drawings as well ;)
I have somewhat "correct" version of it done, and I try to include it to the renewed soviet/russian weaponchart that I put out soonish.
Quote:
Does this look more acceptable for You?
well it looks more to the scale atleast. The biggest proplem IMO is the missile, since its about 7 cm width... Three pixels are 55 cm. And the general idea for missile canisters have always been atleast attempt to get the correct size, where as the missiles, supposedly presented only in the above ship images, are to be larger scale. Since the Strela missiles are always fired from the canisters, they should be treated with normal scaling eq. they should be drawn in 1 pixel (~15 cm) width

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 12:53 pm
That leads us to the interesting dillema: how much of the launcher pod should have a contour? ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 1:03 pm
I don't see exactly what is wrong with the version golly made already?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 1:10 pm
Quote:
That leads us to the interesting dillema: how much of the launcher pod should have a contour?
well definetly more than that. Perhaps, and this only as a something you should try, to paint the actuall canister without contours, but try to use black in the actuall chasis.
Quote:
don't see exactly what is wrong with the version golly made already?
Nothing wrong there, its just my interpretation of the matter. Since its IMO a compromise, and I'vent "set it stone" yet, nothing bad cannot become from little joint brainstorming with the others ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 2:29 pm
[ img ]

Acelanceloet - it's not about being wrong. It's about being different. :)
Anyway, if that question about being wrong were to be taken to its logical extreme, then somebody (not me!) could ask what was wrong with all these parts people here are taking so much effort to redraw and update. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 2:32 pm
I meant it like 'why are you redoing an already good looking part?' but if golly is ok with it.... I have nothing to object.
note that I only redraw parts that are OR really wrong OR look outdated. neither seems to be the case here, so from that point of view.... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 2:37 pm
What (I believe) is already on the parts sheet is Soviet MTU-4S/US, not East German FAM/FASTA-4. While they are similar to an extent, they aren't the same. Of course, considering the size of this element, somebody could say that it's largely irrelevant, but I've already seen discussions about even smaller details here, so from that point of view... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 21st, 2012, 9:52 pm
So, we are getting new Bofors 40mm AA guns?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 7:28 am
i think at somepoint we need to have good researched campaing for drawing them all into uniformal correctiviness and scale.
So unless anything happen, it means next time Im drawing ship where i need such :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 1:44 pm
You guys knock yourselves out, but I sure as hell am not updating all my USN ships to reflect a "new Bofors"... as far as I'm concerned, the versions I drew (or modified from paul541) are bang on.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 25 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 123 24 25 26 2735 »

Jump to: