Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2535 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 4th, 2011, 5:06 am
WhyMe wrote:
I was under impression that heuhen was going to make the crane sheet.
Also I'm not doing anything when ordered anyway ;)
Please do so.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 4th, 2011, 7:17 am
Done (might need refreshing).

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 4th, 2011, 1:33 pm
How about adding this one from my L&C class.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 4th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Found out that it was best to have them on two part sheets. As it would be quite garbled if I had it on a sheet.

Small cranes (0-10 tonns)
[ img ]

Large cranes (10-X tonns)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
sailor82
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 19th, 2011, 3:06 pm
[ img ]

The RN chaff launchers did not look right to me. This is my attempt at the Corvus chaff launchers as used on the leanders, Type 21, Type 22 and Type 42 ...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 7th, 2011, 8:32 pm
[ img ]
I originally thought this would have been an early VLS system, but the Iroquois carried an even more interesting design then I thought.
Quote:
Basically the quad launcher is a tubular beam with four launch rails mounted side-by-side on it. The center of this beam is attached to an extending arm by a pivot joint. In action, the door on the side of the deckhouse slides down and the arm extends outward (the ship's side is sealed up again while the launcher is extended). The beam can then train and elevate the missiles toward the target.
Quote:
The system was expensive and complicated, required a lot of maintenance.
Tha advantage over the octuple launcher was 360 degree coverage. If the octuple launcher was mounted forward or aft you had a 60 to 90 degree blind spot aft or forward. Early seasparrows had a very small turn capability, by launching from the sides, outboard, you got 360 degree coverage. Newer seasparrows have a much larger turn capability which made the system obsolete.
The hatches in the side are blow out hatches for an accidental ignition of a seasparrow. They were clampted securly in place and would not move if ignition occured in the magazine.
the early seasparrow was in fact the RIM-7E. when the NSSM came around, with an much better turning capabilty, this system had lost it's use. it is unknown if newer missiles were ever fired from it, but we all know that the system was removed in the TRUMP rebuild.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

source: http://warships1discussionboards.yuku.c ... t_LTlaa9aw

thanks TimothyC for helping me out with the research for this thing.
I hope some of the more serious AU designers find their way to this interesting system, IMO it is a shame only 4 ships ever sailed with it. (ok, it was complicated, heavy and expensive, but still, it was AWESOME!)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 11th, 2011, 6:15 pm
Since there are not many good drawings of RHIB as it was said in one of the post here in the forum. TGen me a pair. RHIB from 6 meters and up to 10 meters. They are all personal design, but they have similarities with most RHIB, so it needs only small changes from your side to make it look like the type RHIB that the ship you draw use.

I shall also take and upgrade plans of the "Norsafe" lifeboats and RHIB, plus I will soon take and draw one of the other Norwegian company that builds lifeboat here in Norway.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 12th, 2011, 7:42 am
[ img ]
The Contraves Denezy gunnery fire control radar.
In Danish service it was known as the Ildledelsesanlæg M/64 and not M-46 as it's claimed in The Naval Institute guide to world naval weapons systems, 1997-1998. It was used on the Peder Skram class frigate and the Falster Class minelayers.
The CGS-1 designation may be the Danish name for the radar itself.
It was the first full naval FCS developed by Contraves and it's presumably related to the land based Fledermaus FCS.
It's known to be compatible with the Bofors 40mm/70, the 5"/38 and the 3"/50.

Target acquisition can be done automatically via cueing from the search radar or manually via the 12in TV camera mounted on the left side of the radar or via the associated sighting post (The one beneath the radar)

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 1:26 am
Kriegsmarine Motor boats
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 26th, 2011, 10:37 am
Really nice, really nice. I also spotted you redoing the 2x105mm/65 AA gun mount? have you redone other kriegsmarine weapons as well? Could be nice to have them posted :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2535 »

Jump to: