Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 23  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1023 »
NickD
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 8:32 am
Yes, there are connecting rods, but they cant be seen from this position, see this:

[ img ]

I will add on the bridge left and right nav lights, and bell in ftont on the mast.

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 11:14 am
Working on a LPH based on the JSS's hull. Reused the bridge and island from the helicopter carrier. Added a dock, retained vehicle deck. It's about the size of a American Iwo Jima class LHP. I will add a ramp on deck, this means the F-35's would have around a 160m long runway. The flight deck is 213m long and 35m wide. With 2 elevators. 1 is rated for 2 F-35's or 3 NH-90's and the other 1 F-35 or 2 NH-90's.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:06 pm
Being sick at home gives you time to model :P It's pretty much done.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:09 pm
I only can say one thing: The model is awsome! And whole fleet composition is just stunning!

Wish you to recover soon, but to keep a free time for modelling. :)

Last edited by NickD on September 10th, 2010, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:11 pm
primer wrote:
Heh, now you'll have to pull the whole ship up to the level of detail on the goalkeeper. Have fun ;)
I saw that problem indeed.... well the wyvern needs more detail anyway, and the camelot should only have a bit more on the bridge..... when you look at the holland, you see I put a lot more details on my recent designs (I am now working on the instrument panel of the super RHIB, it's a pain in the ass TT_TT but it will be worth the work

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:13 pm
Yes, the detailisation takes enormous amount of time, but as you say, it is worth, when you see the results.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:28 pm
Quote:
[ img ]
looks great, but I would shorten the take-off ramp a bit. that way you can make preparations for launching more then one aircraft at the time (first the front one, then the one behind it and so on). look at the american ships, they work this way.

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:48 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
looks great, but I would shorten the take-off ramp a bit. that way you can make preparations for launching more then one aircraft at the time (first the front one, then the one behind it and so on). look at the american ships, they work this way.
Those 3 F-35's behind the one on the "run way" are being prepared for launch. I don't think that with the F-35 you can put a plane right behind the other one, with the afterburner and all... With the Harrier this is much less of a problem, much less powerful and no afterburner.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:52 pm
primer wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
Those 3 F-35's behind the one on the "run way" are being prepared for launch. I don't think that with the F-35 you can put a plane right behind the other one, with the afterburner and all... With the Harrier this is much less of a problem, much less powerful and no afterburner.
that's why there are jet blast deflectors on carriers. also, on even half this runway I suppose you don't need your afterburners to take off on an jsf, if you need it will take a lot of fuel....

EDIT: the lhd's have no jet blast deflector, I think because of the downwards pointed engine exhausts.....

Last edited by acelanceloet on September 10th, 2010, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:56 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
primer wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
that's why there are jet blast deflectors on carriers. also, on even half this runway I suppose you don't need your afterburners to take off on an jsf, if you need it will take a lot of fuel....
Okay, if it doesn't need that amount of runway it'll be fine. I just looked at the HMS Invincible how they did it, for Harriers you would need a lot more runway then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 23  [ 226 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1023 »

Jump to: