Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 14  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 914 »
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 13th, 2011, 12:38 pm
NASSAU class

[Profile] [Quote]
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 18th, 2011, 7:18 am
Ostfriesland Class Battleship

[Profile] [Quote]
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 19th, 2011, 10:11 am
Friedrich der Grosse

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 19th, 2011, 11:23 am
One question only: on most of these drawings you've equipped the vessels with Carley floats on the side of the main turrets. Even the early, pre-war ones! Now, my sources tell me that the Germans didn't, in fact, introduce them till after Jutland; more precicely sometimes during the Winter of 1916/17! How do you explain your usage of them on ships depicted as being as early as 1912?

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 19th, 2011, 11:49 am
I think he mean build in 1912, but she fitted as in 1916 likely..

[Quote]
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 19th, 2011, 12:07 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
One question only: on most of these drawings you've equipped the vessels with Carley floats on the side of the main turrets. Even the early, pre-war ones! Now, my sources tell me that the Germans didn't, in fact, introduce them till after Jutland; more precicely sometimes during the Winter of 1916/17! How do you explain your usage of them on ships depicted as being as early as 1912?
I agree. But I really like it. Not entirely realistic, but nice ..... :)))))

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 19th, 2011, 6:04 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Carley floats
heh heh, Carley floats

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 20th, 2011, 2:34 am
Just one more question then, and this is meant in all earnestness and not to be construed as either criticism or to belittle you: why with such otherwise excellent work effort do you insist on, in a sense, to mitigate their potential historical value as records of documentation, because the way I see it, if there are spurious details shown, then the images are not representative of the item you claim to show! This goes with any historical artefact, and yours could belong to that category if you paid more heed to their historical accuracy, instead of insisting on that, in my view rather pueril attitude of "But I really like it. Not entirely realistic, but nice..." No, it's not nice, really it's not! Why then not do the effort of presenting a true rendition of the object in question, and afterwards do your own preferred version? As it is now, I would have to go in on your image and erase all the Carley. Really would like to avoid to have to do that! Otherwise I really like your drawings; only they don't fit in my historical assemblage, and that's sad. Very sad.

And lastly a comment here for Alvama: I believe the year usually indicates the year in which the ship is shown, unless otherwise stated. And Even 1916 would've been a no-no year for most Carleys! The Seydlitz did ship a few at Jutland; so, too, probably von der Tann and Moltke. But, as far as I know, none of the First BS or the Derfflinger or Lützow carried them. And the Kaisers belonged to the 1st BS under V/A Erhard Schmidt. The Friedrich der Grosse was the Flottenflagschiff carrying Vize-Admiral Reinhard Scheer's flag...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rurik-2
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 20th, 2011, 8:34 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Just one more question then,.....
I agree with You on all counts. For a historically accurate reproduction of projects - not enough scale. This scale is easy for me drawing destroyers. See my Novik-class destroyers. A dream I love since high school when I started painting "ships" :)))))
Anyone can fix my imagination ..... please ..... it's easy ..... agree?
Best regards......

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine. HOCHSEEFLOTTEPosted: April 20th, 2011, 11:54 am
I'd say enough scale here, but I respect your opinion. And, I suppose I can "fix" them, if you want me too...but I believe, maybe Brockpaine already volunteered, since I think he, too, was of the opinion that you're way, way too good to not be represented at the main site of shipbucket!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 14  [ 131 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 914 »

Jump to: